32: Pay a Visit to The Governor

Emma's P.O.V

Today is the day that Hershel, Daryl, and Rick are going to meet The Governor.

Rick wasn't gonna let Daryl go because he thinks Daryl will 'act out' on The Governor because of what he did to me. Rick doesn't know exactly what he did to me but he knows it wasn't good.

I decided that I'd talk to the both of them, at different times, and sort everything out.

I choose to talk to Rick first.

"Rick, you should let him go." I said.

"I don't think that's a good idea. One wrong move and The Governor and his people will kill us all." He said.

"I'll talk to Daryl, I'll just say, I'm okay. I'll ask him not to do anything. I'll make sure he doesn't do anything." I said.

"I'll find someone to go in his place." Rick said.

"I don't think that's a good idea. We already have Hershel going as the driver. Merle can't go. Maggie isn't in her right mind to go. Glenn is on a war rampage. You wouldn't let Beth, Carl, or I go. That leaves Carol, who is still rusty with a gun if anything does go bad. There's also Michonne who you and I both know The Governor would take right when he sees her." I said.

Rick nodded. "Talk to him. Make sure he's not gonna do anything. If you think he's gonna you tell me. Got it?" He asked.

I nodded and walked off.

"Dad, will you promise me something?" I asked with a hint of curiosity in my voice.

"Depends." He said jokingly.

"Whatever happens with The Governor you cant make the first move." I said.

"Is that really what you think I'm gonna do?" He asked sounding upset.

"Dad. I-I didn't mean it bad. I just don't want anything to go wrong." I said.

"Well don't worry. Nothing's gonna happen." He said.

I nodded and walked off.

I still need Hershel to look at my bruise. I was wearing the same thing as yesterday still because I didn't want to risk it being seen while I was wearing a different shirt.

I find Hershel in his cell and begin asking him things that probably sound suspicious.

"Hey Hershel, I have a quick question for you before you leave." I said.

He looked to me and made some weird motion with his hands hinting for me to ask.

"Can you keep it between us though?" I asked.

"If its not anything too bad, like something I think is major or anything." He said.

"Can you please not tell anyone? Theres only like three people who already know but thats because they were with me when it happened. Please just don't tell Daryl." I said.

"Okay. Whats your question?" He asked me.

"Can you look at something for me? I'm sorry, I had no one else to go to. You're the only person with medical training and all." I said.

"I'd be happy to." He said.

I then proceeded to take off my sweatshirt and he could already see the bruise.

"What happened?" He asked quite shocked.

"Yesterday on the run Carl, Rick, Michonne, and I got shot at and I had my locket on, thankfully. Well one of the bullets hit me, but got the locket." I said.