38: Punches

Emma's P.O.V
It has only been a day since Jarod passed, but I'm okay now. It just sucks thinking that he went out suffering. He was a really good person.

I still haven't talked to Carl, I know he's gonna make me.

Either way, I go and wake him up.

I shook him just a bit and he got up. We went outside to the farm area.

We were the only ones around besides Rick.

"So, Emma, how are you holding up?" He asked.

"I'm good. It just sucks thinking that he went out suffering." I said.

Carl nodded. He was gonna say something else.

We were cut off by screams in the prison, though. Rick, Carl, and I all went running. Maggie said there was walkers inside. Rick stopped Carl and I from going in.

"You know it's only because we can't have guns?" Carl said.

I nodded. My mom came running up to me.

"Emma. Oh my god. Are you okay?" She asked hugging me.

"Yeah mom, I'm fine." I said confused.

"Once I heard that walkers got in I came to find you." She said.

"I'm okay. I'm not allowed to help... but I'm okay." I said.

She nodded and ran inside.

I looked at Carl confused. "If she is not the craziest person in this prison." I said.

He chuckled.

"I literally think she's insane." I said laughing.

We heard shouts from out at the fence. The fences were collapsing. They needed more people to help.

Carl and I took off running as fast as we could.

We somehow managed to help them get the fence back standing straight and ran back up to the prison just in time to see everyone coming out of the prison.

Carl and I were told not to hug anyone but I couldn't help but hug my dad. My mom still wasn't completely on my good side. We weren't supposed to hug them because it appears to have been a virus or flu that caused all of that. We also got told that it was Patrick who was the first victim, and he's now dead.

I began crying once more.

Everyone left except my mom and Carl.

"I can't believe you." She said angrily.

I looked at her confused through my tears.

"Why do you treat me so bad? I didn't do anything to you." She said.

"I'm sorry, excuse me for not being over the four years of abuse and the permanent damage it has caused me both physically and mentally." I said sarcastically and over dramatically.

"You're crazy. None of that ever even happened." She said.

"I'm the crazy one?.. If it's all fake, explain this?" I said lifting up my shirt showing my stomach.

"I didn't do that. You did that to yourself." She said.

"You're insane." I said.

She slapped me.

I looked at her shocked. I punched her, leaving her unconscious.

"I fight back now." I said and then walking away.