66: Water Jugs

Carl's P.O.V

Emma had just walked out the front door.

"You know who she is, right?" I asked Valerie.

"Yeah, she's Emma..?" She said, more so looking for an explanation.

"She was Emma Frazier, but then she found her dad, and she changed it to Dixon." I explained.

She started laughing.

"You two aren't dating, are you?" She said through laughing.

I stayed silent, not in an ashamed way, more of an "yeah, why, do you have a problem with it kind of way."

"Oooh, its worse than I thought." She said stopping her laughing suddenly. "I mean, you must've thought she was the last girl your age you'd ever seen again, right?"

I stayed silent, waiting for her to come to a realization of some sort. I want to work things out, not make them a problem.

"You at least got some from her, right?" She went on.

I shook my head no, "That's not what I'm after." I stated, blankly.

"She's such a slut though... at least she was before. You really should've already. She used to get some from an old dude... word was she asked for it. You saw how she was earlier, she's probably just all messed up because he's dead now, you should know, you two are together. That's why, right?" She went on and on.

"Look, I'd rather not hear you talk bad about her. Theres only one reason I'm here, I think you should apologize to her for all the things you did to her. Things are worse now, people are worse now, its best for you two to get along if we're all gonna stick together." I said.

"Oh, yeah. I'll apologize, BUT only under one condition." She said.

"What?" I asked.

"You have to break up with her. Then I can show you what its really like to be in a relationship." She said.

Emma's P.O.V

I could hear Valerie and Carl's conversation. I wasn't trying to eavesdrop but I was.

"You have to break up with her. Then I can show you what its really like to be in a relationship." Valerie said.

I walked off the church steps.

What could I do? No matter how much I want to kill her I can't its too soon. Carl wants to keep the peace. I have to keep the peace for Carl. I'd do anything for him.

I walked back to the steps, I hope I didn't miss anything.

"And if I don't?" Carl went on.

"Then I'll just keep doing what I was to her, it'll get worse progressively. She's just the scum of this world, she doesn't belong here." She said.

I opened the door and walked in with a smile.

"Hey guys, what's up?" I said.

Valerie glared at me and rolled her eyes.

The smile from my face fell, and I glared right back at her, then I stood next to Carl, showing to her that I belonged there, not her.

"I honestly thought you killed yourself, and for once I thought the world was a good place." Valerie said.

I don't know if that was meant to hurt my feelings, but it didn't at all.

"I mean, if you haven't noticed, theres dead people walking around and they wanna eat your face off, but the world would still be a better place even though this is what followed my supposed death." I said.