23: Walkers, Walkers, Walkers

Emma's P.O.V

Rick, T-Dog, and Daryl must've worked out a deal with the prisoners because they came back with a bunch of food. Then they left again, I guess their part of the deal was to teach the prisoners how to fight the walkers.

They were gone for a while so Carl and I snuck out without making a noise. We disappeared into the tombs both of us remaining fearless. Carl has his gun with a silencer and I have my bow. We both made sure to bring weapons that would be quite because the tombs echo so they might hear us back at the cellblock or walkers might hear us.

We joke around most of the way but we each know that if necessary we can be serious. I was about to do something as we turned the corner but we heard the groans and moans of walkers so we each readied our weapons. We saw two walkers, Carl killed one and I killed the other.

After they were both down I looked over to him and smirked. He smirked back. The thing about Carl is I feel the happiest when I'm around him.

We walked passed the walkers and I took the arrow out of one of the walkers heads. This is something I picked up from Daryl.

We continued our journey through the tombs, this time staying serious, as we came across a room that read 'infirmary'. We went inside and cleared out whatever was left.

We left the infirmary and went back to our cellblock. This time we didn't care how loud we entered. We entered without saying anything but the door creaked loudly. We approached the room that everyone was gathered in to be by Hershel's side. "I know its not much but we went and cleared out the infirmary. We killed two walkers, one each." Carl said.

"What were you two thinking!?" Lori asked becoming infuriated.

"We were thinking we wanna help. All this time we've been perfectly capable but no one has let us help since we got here. We heard you talking about how we need the supplies from the infirmary so we went while anyone else who could've gone was held up doing whatever they were." I said rather innocently.

Lori took a deep breathe and released it. "You see this." She said while pointing to Hershel. "This was with the whole group. The same thing or something way worse could've happened to one of you." She said.

"But it didn't so get off my back, and Emma's." Carl said.

"Carl!" Beth shouted.

Both Carl and I turned our attention towards her.

"You can't talk to her like that, she's your mother." She concluded.

Carl began to say something but ran off upstairs to where our cells were. I began following him but stopped.

"Emma, I'll have to tell Daryl about this." Carol said.

"Be my guest, I'm not ashamed of what I did, nor do I regret it. If you want I'll even tell him myself." I said. I ran off after Carl before she could say anything else.

I reached his cell and began, "Carl?"

"Go away, please." He said.

"I'm not leaving, remember the promise. Now, whats wrong?" I asked entering his room.

"Your promise is bullshit."

"No. This is bullshit, you're so different lately. Carl we have shelter again, finally. Don't worry about me anymore though. So much for best friends, you wont have to worry about me or any of my promises after this one. Mark my words because this is the last promise you will ever get from me: You don't have to worry about me or any of my promises ever again, I promise." Before Carl could say anything else I turned the corner and went into my cell. A single tear escaped from my eye and rolled down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away. I stood in my cell for a while just breathing. Once I was content I went downstairs.