42: Faked It

Carl's P.O.V 

After Emma left Emily and Taylor started driving me crazy. I decided I'd roam the halls, make sure everyone is okay. It was silent aside from one person, Hershel. He was going outside. I was determined to go with him. I can't just let him go out there on his own. I have my gun. If he gets into trouble I can help him. We head out into the woods and he begins picking berries off of plants. 

I decided to strike conversation with Hershel. 

"Will you do me a favor?" I asked. 

"That depends, what is it?" He replied. 

"Well, Emma just went in. If anything changes will you please let me know?" I asked.

Hershel nodded and things went silent for a while.  

"With the way things have been the past few days, we might be safer outside those walls than in." Hershel said. 

I heard something which sounded like a walker and said, "No, we're not." 

We headed off towards the sound and I had my gun that Dad had given back. He hadn't gave Emma hers back yet though. 

Theres a run down tent and a walker stuck underneath a branch. 

"Lets wrap this up." Hershel said right before another walker began coming our way. This one was free besides the bear trap on its leg. 

 I raised my gun to it and intended to shoot but Hershel stopped me. 

"Don't. You don't need to." He said. 

I lowered my gun and walked away. 

"It was so peaceful." He added. 

"It was. Can't be like that all the time." I retorted. 

Emma's P.O.V

I found where Glenn was, finally. Its kinda sad I didn't check the cell right next to me. Thats where he was. 

He looked horrible. 

"Hey Glenn." I said. 

"Hey, what're you doing in here?" He asked. 

"I've got it too." I said. 

"You don't seem as bad off as others though." Glenn said weakly, yet skeptical. 

"Fine, I faked it. Hershel needs more help, especially since Dr.S is sick." I said.

"You're a kid. Do you know how dumb it was for you to come in here?" He asked. 

"Exactly, I'm a kid. I can stay up for a long time, due to the fact that I'm young and for the most part full of energy. Besides, maybe I can pick up a few things that in here, that could be useful later on, just in case. There's so many people in here, it's important we all stick together and help one another get better. My dad, Michonne, Bob, and Tyreese should be leaving for a cure real soon. Either way, I'm not allowed to leave now, I've already been exposed to it." I said.  

Glenn sighed weakly. 

"Glenn, I'm sorry." I said. 

"What're you sorry for?" He asked. 

"I don't know, I just felt the need to apologize. I feel like I've treated you badly." I said. 

"Well you haven't, besides lying to me. But I know the truth." He said, jokingly. 

"What have I lied to you about?" I questioned. 

"Carl." He said. 

"What're you talking about?" I asked already knowing the answer.