46: Marcus Radford

Emma's P.O.V

As Marcus Radford stood before me, completely alive, I inched closer to Carl.

"Are you okay?" He whispered.

I nodded trying to seem fine.

Everyone deserves shelter and a safe place in a world like this no matter how bad they are or were, I kept reminding myself.

Marcus was scanning over everyone and when his eyes came to me there was something different about the way he looked at me than anyone else.

A subtle creepy grin grew across his face as he scanned me up and down quickly being careful not to get caught. As he did this I avoided all eye contact. I wanted to make eye contact, I wanted to show him I was stronger than I was and that I wasn't scared of him, but truth is, I'm petrified.

His focus was now on to the next person, which was Carl, and then so on. He kind of glared at Carl, I don't know why, I have a feeling it was because of how close I was to him. I don't know.

Nobody noticed how seriously sketchy this dude is besides me, then again, him and I have a past, a very dark past.

"Michonne, why don't you show our newest guest to his cell. Theres an open one in Cell Block D, right next to Taylor's cell." Rick said.

'He belongs in Cell Block A.' I thought to myself.

Michonne and Marcus disappeared into the prison. I really hope Marcus has changed, nobody should have to go through what he put me through, not even Taylor, even though she treated me horribly, no one deserves that.

I was quick to try to escape as far as I could from the prison without leaving.

I was going to walk down to the gate, using keeping watch as my excuse.

"Emma, wait." Rick said.

I stopped and turned around.

"Here, I gave Carl his back a few days ago." Rick said handing over my gun.

"Thanks." I said quickly and I was off again.

It was Carl's turn to keep watch so, he was already down there.

When I got down there, I made sure he didn't have a problem with it.

"Do you mind if I stay down here and keep watch with you?" I asked.

"I don't mind, but whats wrong?" He asked.

"What are you talking about?" I said trying to remove the uneasy tone in my voice.

"You hate keeping watch, you always say, nothings gonna happen so its no use. You seem panicked too." Carl said.

"Oh, I just wanted to do something different, after the flu broke out, I realize anything could threaten us. I lost light of that while things were going good." I said.

He nodded but I could still tell he was skeptical.

Carl's P.O.V

Somethings up with Emma, I don't know what, she wont even tell me what.

I can't help but think it has to do with the new guy, Marcus. She was fine until he got here.

Emma's P.O.V

"Did your mom ever apologize for hitting you the other day?" Carl asked.

I shook my head no, he still doesn't know she's gone. This brought tears to the brim of my eyes.

"Have you told anyone about it?" He continued.

"Yeah, I told Daryl." I said.

"Is anything gonna be done about it?" He added.