10:Daryl Dixon

Emma's P.O.V

A couple of leaves crunched, probably a walker, I wasn't gonna take out my knife. I didn't care anymore. I don't really have any fight left in me, or a will to live. I started crying more, I've never actually admitted to myself that I had these thoughts. They've been there for a while though. Ashamed of how much I was crying I planted my face in my hands trying to hide. I felt the presence of someone but didn't want to look up, if a walker is gonna get me I don't want to see it. Someone sat down next to me and hugged me, that's when I knew it wasn't a walker. Glenn was back. I started crying even more. I've never actually had someone comfort me when I was crying. My mom would just kick me full force in the stomach and "give me something to cry about" as she always said. I confessed everything to Glenn about my dad, about my mom, and about the fact that I didn't have a will to live. He looked at me with pity in his eyes. Before all of this most people would give me that same look of pity the only difference was that those people didn't know why they were giving me it they just did. I wasn't upset with the fact that Glenn did because he had a reason and knew the reason to give me that look. I showed Glenn my locket, inside and out. "If you're meant to meet your dad and you just know that you're meant to it will happen. I'm sure of it." Glenn said, "Plus, tomorrow might bring a visitor." He added, I looked at him in confusion but quickly smiled at him gratefully. I hugged him. He deserved it. "Thank you, Glenn." I said. Then we walked back to camp, I kinda hinted at the fact that I don't want Glenn to tell anyone what happened or why I ran off. I hope he got the hint.

~Later|Everyone was grouped around the fire~

Around the fire sat Rick, Lori, Carl, Andrea, Amy, Shane, Glenn, Jim, Dale, Carol, Ed, Sophia, T-Dog, Jacqui, Morales and his family, and some others. Rick and Shane were telling stories from high school. Rick, Carl, and Lori were all explaining how happy they were to have found each other. I just put on a fake smile and tuned mostly everything out. Carl kept glancing at me with that stupid look of pity, could he tell I was faking my smile, I hope not.

~The next morning~

I hadn't slept that much last night. I don't know if I can trust these people yet. I obviously trust Rick and Glenn but when it comes down to it no ones got my back.

Someone screamed at the top of their lungs.
"Mom!!!!" Carl shouted almost instantly afterwards.

Rick and Lori run as fast as they can but I was still faster, I got there and Carl and Sophia had already went running for their mom's. I saw a walker eating out the guts of a deer that had two arrows in its butt. The walker tries to tackle me but instead I take out my knife and throw it at its head with almost perfect accuracy. I turn around to see everyone just looking at me. Shane was glaring and everyone else just seemed amazed. Ed wasn't even paying attention. I glare back at Shane as I hear the leaves rustle. I snatch my knife out of the walker's head and get ready for anything to come at me. A man steps out. I drop my knife. It was my dad, or a man that sure as hell looked like him.

I looked over at Glenn to see him with happiness in his eyes. I think. "That's some good work ya did there kid, these idiots not man enough to deal with a little undead prick." he said indicating it towards me. I smiled in return. "Thank you, who are you anyways?" I asked. "Who wants to know?" I already knew who he was, I just needed to know for sure. My brain kept flopping from one response to another, do I say "Emma Frazier" or "Your Daughter". I realize I was taking a while to answer so I just spit out both.

"Emma Frazier, and I have reason to believe I'm your daughter." I say trying to sound as nice as possible.

"Why don't we give these two some space, it sounds to me like they need to talk." Dale says. Dale was a strange old man but I was extremely grateful for his comment. Everyone proceeded to leave besides my dad and I.