16: You Like Him

Emma's P.O.V

Its now morning and Shane is back, but without Otis. I fell asleep on the floor next to Carl last night sometime around dawn because the sun was starting to come up but somebody must've moved me because I woke up on the couch, although we're technically supposed to sleep outside in tents.

Carl has been through surgery and everything seems to have gone well. I walked into his room to check on him and found Hershel and Rick having a conversation.

"You can't give him anymore blood, you've given him too much already." Hershel stated.

"It doesn't matter, he needs it." Rick said while pulling up his sleeve revealing his arm.

They kept arguing back and forth meanwhile oblivious to the fact that I'm there. Then it dawned on me.

"Take my blood. He needs it, I've got enough." I said holding out my arm waiting for Hershel to take my blood.

"That won't work, you guys most likely have different blood types." Hershel stated blankly.

"Plus, you're petrified of needles." Rick said.

"Thats not important right now. I'd do anything for him. That opens up a lot of things too. Compared to somethings, giving him my blood his nothing." I said not changing my mind.

"Now, Hershel take my blood." I added.

"Like I said, I can't do that. If your guys' blood types are incompatible that wouldn't end too well." he argued.

"My blood type's O Negative; the universal blood type... Now take my blood before I do it on my own." I said, sure of myself.

Hershel proceeded to take my blood and when he was done I felt a little dizzy but its worth dealing with if it'll get Carl to wake up faster. I then walked out of the house to go find Glenn. Rick followed me though.

"Hey, Emma." He sorta shouted.

I then whipped myself around to face him. He kinda sped up to catch up to me faster.

"Thank you for doing that, I hope you know you didn't have to. Just know that it will remain greatly appreciated by Lori and I and I'm sure with Carl too." He said.

"Oh, I know I didn't have to but really it was no problem. Like I told you in there; I would do anything for him, no matter what it is." I said. "Sorry to cut this conversation short, but I really need to talk to Glenn." I said

He patted me on the back as I walked away. Now off I was to find Glenn.

"Hey! Glenn!" I shouted with excitement. I found him near the horse stables.

"Oh, hey." He said whilst spinning around with binoculars in his hand.

So, I walked over next to him to see what he was looking at and quickly realized he was looking at Maggie.

"You like her don't you?" I asked with a smile.

He said nothing, he just avoided eye contact.

"Oouuuu, Glenn! You like her!" I shouted.

"Hey, keep it down." He said turning all red.

"Oouuuu, Glenn! You like her!" I whisper shouted.

"Fine, yes I do but keep that between us." He said still blushing.

I acted like I was zipping my mouth shut.

"Oh, and if you tell anyone about this I'll tell everyone who you like." He said sounding as if he was joking around yet I couldn't be sure.