49: Three

Emma's P.O.V

Fear grew upon everyone's faces, Maggie and Beth began to cry. I felt the urge to cry, but I held it back. I was now going to make sure every son of a bitch with The Governor was dead, and I won't leave until they are.

Rick fired off the first shot causing everyone else to begin shooting.

Emily and Taylor trailed back into the prison.

I saw one bullet hit The Governor in the arm, and I'm pretty sure it came from Carl's gun.

A gun war had broken out. Michonne rolled from the middle of fire. Rick ran behind the prison bus on its side, I watched as he fell to the ground. He must've been hit.

Bullets were flying on both sides. So far, I haven't noticed any of our people get hit.

Carl, Dad, and I all remained in the same spots. Just shooting at those horrible people.

I watched The Governor sneak back and finish decapitating Hershel.

When I noticed this I began to cry, but I quickly pushed my tears back. Hershel, he was an amazing guy, someone I'm glad I got to call a part of my family. He made my days in Cell Block A, a whole lot better than they would've been if I were alone in there. He helped me do something I love, help people. Rest In Peace Hershel Greene, I love you.

The tank started up along with their cars and they began driving forward knocking the fences down, just invading our home.

As they moved in Carl, Dad, and I spread out. We each took cover behind something. For me, it was a truck bed, I was pretty short, so it worked.

I watched as man after man got shot and killed. The tank was getting closer and so was everyone else.

The tank fired, making a hole in the prison. My heart shattered.

I watched as hole after hole got blown into the prison. My home, our home. The prison had been the closest thing I've had to a home in the past five years at least.

A bunch of our people were either retreating or going for the bus.

Maggie and Beth had disappeared, so had Bob and Sasha.

I glanced around for Carl and Dad, I saw Dad, but no Carl. I was kind of freaked out, but I knew he was okay. He managed to hit The Governor from like fifty yards. No one is taking that boy out anytime soon.

Our second set of gates were just taken down by that stupid tank.

Our people were retreating and doing whatever they could to take cover.

Man after man got shot.

"I'm out of ammo." Tyreese stated from behind the front part of the truck.

"Come on, I'll cover you." I said.

Him and I made it over to the laundry cart filled with ammo. As he was finding some for his gun I was shooting and covering him, making sure no one could get to him.

He took off and I stood my ground.

I was shooting and shooting, I'm scared that I'm not gonna make it out with my dad and I'm just gonna make it out alone... just like in my dream.

I began to trail off, stopping shooting and all.

I was just there, stranded in the woods with no one left around me. Someone had just attacked the prison, they had a tank, took our walls right down. Blew up unnecessary amounts of our home. I didn't know if any of the people I love made it out alive. I was just there. I wanted to stay close but there were walkers in the gates. The guard towers had been blown up, there were holes in the side of the prison that were from being blown up. Walkers were everywhere. I scanned over the prison, then I turned around from my freshly taken over home, leaving behind every last person I love. I come face to face with The Governor and my mom's ex.