57: Terminus

Emma's P.O.V

We were all just walking, following the train tracks. Theres still a small part of me that wishes a train would just come up and take me out. I know Carl said it was okay, but it really wasn't.

Eventually Michonne walked up to Rick. My dad was in front of Carl and I who were just trailing behind. We were walking in pure silence. There wasn't any communication, there weren't any walkers cracking branches either. It was just quite.

Rick and Michonne started talking, breaking the silence.

Dad didn't talk, neither did Carl, so I just decided to stay quiet.

Not much walking after, we came across a broken sign for Terminus.

Rick decided that we would go through the woods, since we don't know who these people are or what their intent is.

So, we branched off into the woods.

Dad lead the way, then it was Rick, then Carl, then Michonne, and then me.

We came to a gate, their gates. We were hidden by trees and branches though. We could see a building with the capital letters "T-E-R-M-I-N-U-S" on the side of it. I think this was some kind of meeting place, where all the tracks came together.

Rick began telling us the plan. "We all spread out, watch for a while, see what we see, and get ready. We all stay close."

Dad raised his crossbow up, I guess showing that he was ready for anything. He did this as he was walking away from our little circle.

I followed him, making sure to stay close. Before we got too far, I overheard Rick and Carl's conversation.

"You wanna stick with me?" Rick asked.

"Its alright." Carl responded.

I get where Carl is coming from in a sense, but I can't say I don't feel bad for Rick. He only did all of that in order to keep Carl safe, he even said so. Thats all Rick is worried about.

I thought Carl was going to come join my dad and I, but I was wrong, instead he went with Michonne. I guess, the smaller the groups, the more 'spread out' we are... that was Rick's orders.

I still can't say this didn't kill me inside, just a bit. I took a deep breath, and let it out in a sigh. My dad caught light of it, he just looked at me, questioning.

I smiled at him, it was more of a sad smile, but it was something.

I bet he doesn't know what I was sighing about, that makes it better at least.

"You alright, kiddo?" Dad asked.

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine." I said. I'm not, and he knows that. I just can't get into it with him. Not this, this is just different. If Beth were here, I'd talk to her.

Dad just gave a kind of sad, sympathetic, caring smile. I'm really glad I'm back with him.

Carl's P.O.V

I decided I'd go with Michonne. Her and I have gotten pretty close, I'd like to say.

We walked off, being kinda distant from my dad who was by himself, and then Emma and Daryl, who were together.

"Why didn't you go with your dad?" Michonne asked me, just as I caught up with her.

I didn't answer. I just kept walking, she kept walking with me.

"When I told you about Andre, you never asked how he died." Michonne added.

(A/N: For anyone reading my story who doesn't know who Andre is, its Michonne's son. Carl was the first person that Michonne told anything to about Andre.)