Chapter 8

Demi's P.O.V

Scarlett fell asleep so I finished watching the movie, it wasn't really that scary only bits here and there. After the movie finished I was contemplating on whether to sleep in here or the spare room. I looked at Scarlett, she looked so perfect sleeping she was sleeping on her back but I think she was only sleeping that way because she was holding my hand. I removed my hand from her grip and grabbed the bags of lollies and put them on her desk trying not to wake her but I dropped the skittles on the floor I quickly picked them up. I started walking to her door, I figured it would be best if I slept in the spare room as I got closer to the door Scarlett started moving.

"Demi" she said

"Yeah" I asked

"Good night" she said

"Night" I said walking out of her room to the spare room.

I took off my jacket and climbed into bed but I couldn't sleep. I just couldn't stop thinking, should I just go with whatever happens between me and Scarlett or should I put my foot down and just be friends. I pushed my thoughts a side so I could get some sleep.

[...]

I woke up and looked at my phone it was 9am I decided to get up, I walked out of the bedroom and heard a noise coming from Scarlett's bedroom so I knocked on her door.

"Come in" I heard her say

I opened the door and walked in she was just putting a shirt on.

"Uh sorry" I said looking away

"It's fine" she laughed

I went and sat on her bed. She came and stood in front of me then sat down on the floor.

"Hey sorry if I made you uncomfortable last night" she said

I raised my eyebrows at her.

"The songs and holding your hand" she reminded me

"So about tonight, I was thinking Justin doesn't have to come" I said ignoring what she said before.

She looked up at me like I just told a little kid we were going to the lolly shop.

"Really" she asked

"Just as friends tho" I said her smile faded

"Yeah sure" she said quietly

She seemed disappointed, i felt like grabbing her and kissing her but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

"If you want to have a shower I'm sure you'd fit into something of mine" she said laying down on the floor, gosh she was cute.

I got up and looked through her clothes and picked out some sweats and and oversized jumper, I started walking to her door.

"Demi" she said stopping me in my tracks I turnt around, she got up and walked over to me and softly pushed me against the wall one hand on my hip the other on the side of my face, her lips connected with mine softly, it was like the the New Year's Eve fireworks were going off inside me. She moved her hand from my hip to the other side of my face deepening the kiss as I started kissing back. It was perfect until she pulled away I kept my eyes closed which made her laugh.

"Demi open your eyes" she whispered in my ear making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

I opened my eyes and looked at Scarlett biting my lip,she looked down so I lifted her chin and planted my lips on hers. It felt so right but wrong at the same time and I don't know why.

I pulled away but kept my face as close as possibly without our lips touching.

"I should probably go for that shower now" I smiled