Chapter 71

Demi's P.O.V

It's been a month since Ruby passed away and two weeks since her funeral. The way Scarlett has been the last two weeks is completely different then the way she was the two weeks before the funeral. She's been spotted out in public with Jesy and that fan of hers laughing she looked the happiest that I've ever seen her which is confusing because when I lost Trenton it was in a state for months afterwards but she's just acting like it didn't happen.

Just thinking about the difference between her at the funeral to the pictures I've seen it's a completely different person.

*flashback*

Marissa and I are standing here waiting for everyone to arrive, well I was mainly waiting for Scarlett I hadn't seen her since that night in the park and I wanted to talk to her.

"Here she is" Marissa said nudging me

"I can see that mar"

I looked to my left and watched as she made her way over with a whole bunch of people around her that consisted of Justin, Ryan, Chaz, Johnny, Jesy and her fan. Once she made it to us she completely ignored the fact that I was there and hugged Marissa.

"How are you holding up" Marissa asked

"The best I can"

Jesy hugged Marissa and kissed her cheek which caused mar to blush they then made their way to their seats.

Scarlett looked absolutely beautiful but completely broken, she was wearing black skinnys with some black heels along with a black blazer and black singlet.

The one thing I didn't understand was that Ruby's parents weren't here actually none of her family is, I know that Ruby's parents never really cared about her but to not come to her funeral that's piss weak.

I looked at Scarlett as she made her way to make a speech.

"Before I start I just want to thank everyone that came today and also say a big fuck you to those that should be here but aren't, I've known Ruby close to six years now and I can honestly say she was one of the most important people in my life if not the most important, sure we had our fair share of fights but at the end of the day we always had each other's backs and I honestly don't know what I'm going to do without her, we have a lot of great memories but one of my favourites would have to be when we were about 17 we decided that we were just going to get into the car and drive wherever, so we packed the car with everything that we would need and started driving whenever we came to a set of lights or an intersection we would just pick a random way to go, we did that for a few hours and ended up in some small town that was having a carnival I remember Ruby begging me for 10 minutes to goto the carnival with her and honestly that was the first time in the two years I had known her that she was truly happy she wasn't faking it, it was pure happiness"

Scarlett told a few more stories, she just finished her third story and by this point Scarlett can barley stand let alone finish the speech.

"I love you Ruby I'm going to miss you like crazy, it was supposed to be me and you against the world"

It killed me seeing her in this much pain and knowing she didn't want me around to comfort her.

*flashback over*

So right now I'm on my way to Scarlett's because our managements want us to do a song together despite all of Scarlett's attempts for it not to happen.

I pulled into Scarlett's driveway and got out making my way inside, she had text me and told me the door was unlocked and to welcome myself in so that's what I did, I heard a noise coming from the music room so I quietly made my way to the room when I reached the doorway I seen Scarlett playing the piano whilst singing so I stood there and listened.