Chapter 21

Demi's P.O.V

I got off the couch and pushed Scarlett into the wall harder then I expected I was just so angry that she would even think like that. But then she said something that broke my heart.

"P-please don't h-hit m-me" she managed to get out, tears were falling like a waterfall and she looked scared, I've never seen someone this scared before.

I stepped back from her and just looked at her, at how scared she was and I had absolutely no idea why. I didn't know whether I should just hold her and tell her everything's going to be alright or leave her alone for a bit. I looked at Scarlett who was now sitting on the floor her legs up to her chest and her head in her hands crying. I kneeled down beside her and wrapped my arms around her I felt her tense up.

"Babe it's okay, it's only me" I said in a calm voice

I started rubbing her back and eventually she calmed down. When she eventually calmed down I picked her up bridal style and carried her up to the bedroom and laid her on the bed.

"I'll be back in a minute okay babe" I said as I kissed her forehead

"Do you want a drink" I added

She shook her head so I went downstairs and grabbed my phone I need to find out what's happened with her in the past. I dialled Justin's number and waited for him to answer.

J- hello

D- hey Justin it's Demi

J- oh hey Demi what's up?

D- I've just got a few questions about scar

J- okay shoot

D- do you know what happened between her and zayn

J- Na not really, I mean I know he treated her like crap and he cheated on her multiple times

D- treated her like crap how?

J- just being an ass, calling her names, making her his slave, I seriously don't know what she seen in him.

D- what about Chaz?

J- they were good together, they loved each other but something happened and they broke up.

D- you mean her cheating

J- yeah she told you about that?

D- yeah so there's nothing else that has happen to her.

J- nope not that she's told me why?

D- just something happened but it's cool thanks anyway.

J- okay Demi just don't let her get back together with zayn, I seen the news article she deserves better then him.

D- okay I'll try bye Justin

J- bye Demi

I hung up and went back upstairs and noticed Scarlett had fallen asleep so I laid next to her not long after that her phone started ringing, I quickly picked it up and seen that it was Johnny calling so I figured it would be okay if I answered it. I pressed answer as I started walking down the stairs but before I could say anything he started yelling.

J- WHAT THE HELL SCARLETT I JUST SEEN THE NEWS ARTICLE, HOW COULD YOU BE SO STUPID AFTER WHAT HE DID TO YOU

D- uh it's not Scarlett

J- oh sorry who's this

D- it's Demi

J- oh crap

D- I guess you should have been the one to call not Justin

J- what do you mean?

D- what were you talking about when I answered?