Chapter 43

Scarlett's P.O.V

It's been a week since Marissa left, Ruby decided not to press charges against me so now I'm only getting charged for the damage I caused, I didn't want to be around Ruby so I told her she could stay at my place instead of here she agreed thank god. Demi and I have started talking a bit more but it's nothing to get excited over, Camila and Justin have been over once or twice but Jesy hasn't she had to go back to the UK so I was disappointed about that.

I woke up at 9:30 I decided to have a quick breakfast then went for a shower. I blow dried my hair and put it up in a messy bun and changed into black shorts with rips in them, a shirt with Spider-Man on it, and black fully converse. It was only 10:30 so I decided to sit on the couch for a bit when my phone went off. I grabbed my phone and noticed i had received a text

Nicole: Hey Scarlett, I'm sorry to say this but if you don't get help with your drinking problem you want see Bentley anymore.

Scarlett: Are you being serious? I've never been drunk around Bentley!

Nicole: Yes I'm serious! If you don't get help you won't see him, it's as simple as that.

I decided not to reply, I was already angry and if I replied I'd just say things I don't mean. I threw my phone across the room and started crying into my hands. I heard footsteps coming down the stairs so I tried to stop crying but it didn't work as soon as she spoke I broke down.

"Scarlett I'm going o- Hey hey what's wrong" she asked rushing over to me pulling me into a hug a she sat next to me, I tried my best to pull away put she just held me tighter which caused me to cry more I gave in and wrapped my arms around her. After what felt like hours of me crying I stopped only because I had no energy to cry anymore. Demi slowly let go of me so I moved back a bit and looked up at her she gave me a small smile before wiping the tears away with her thumb.

"What's wrong" she asked softly, I sighed and stood up to get my phone then handed it to Demi as I sat back down.

"Why didn't you tell her you've stopped drinking" she asked

"What's the point, she'd just think I'm saying it so I could see him" I said softly

Silence took over and it was getting a bit awkward

"I'm sorry" I said while looking down fiddling with my fingers.

"What for" she asked you could hear the confusion in her voice.

"Being a fuck up" I said still looking down.

"Scarlett look at me" she said but I kept my head down so she lifted it up so I was looking at her.

"You're not a fuck up, sure you've made mistakes but everyone does, mistakes don't define who you are as a person the way you come back from them does, I'm so proud of you, you could have easily gone back to drinking and not given a shit about anything but you didn't you stayed strong and I couldn't be happier, I know a week from now it's going to be hard for you but you have to stay strong so that's why I'm going with you's to Australia" she said her eyes locked with mine.

"Why" I whispered

"Why what" she asked

"Why are you being so nice to me after the way I've treated you" I continued

"Because I under stand why you've done it, I hurt you a lot when I broke things off, I hurt you when you needed me the most. If anyone's to apologise here it's me I shouldn't have made you feel like you didn't exist, I should have told Marissa about us and I shouldn't have been ashamed to be who I am. If I could go back to before I broke it off I would change everything, I would have told the world about us like I should have done in the first place because you deserve to be happy, because I deserve to be happy and because I love you and no matter how much you hurt me or try to push me away it won't change because when I'm with you I'm the best version of me, the happiest version of me" she replied not once taking her eyes off mine.

"Scarlett I love you so fucking much and it's killing me seeing you like this, I miss you having a smile on your face and it kills me to know that I'm the reason it's gone" she added, I had to resist the urge to just grab her and tell her I love her, all I wanted was to feel her lips on mine. All I could think about was how happy Demi and I were before tour. I was pulled out of my thoughts when all of a sudden I was on my back.