Chapter 20

Scarlett's P.O.V

I've been sitting on the couch staring at the tv for the past half hour trying to figure out why Demi would leave like that or where the hell she had gone. After another 5 minutes went by the front door opened and Demi walked in with food.

"I can't cook so I went to buy dinner" she said walking past me to the kitchen.

"And you didn't think to tell me that" I asked annoyed but she ignored me.

"I've been sitting here wondering where the hell you have been" I added.

"Well now you know" she said whilst sitting at the table with her food.

I grabbed my food and sat opposite her and began eating. I watched Demi as she ate and not once did she look up at me. I decided I wasn't hungry so I pushed my food away which made Demi look up.

"Why aren't you eating" she asked

"Not hungry" I replied

Demi just shrugged her shoulders and finished eating hers.

"Why are you so angry" I asked confused because I couldn't understand why she was so angry.

"I'm not" she replied

"So you just hate me for no reason then" I questioned

Demi covered her mouth but I could tell she was holding back a laugh.

"What's so funny" I asked annoyed

Demi got up and walked over to me and sat on my lap.

"Babe I don't hate you" she started laughing

"Demi don't do that to me, I thought you were angry at me" I sighed

"That's why it's so funny, I can't believe you actually thought I was angry over you pulling me into a bath" she continued laughing

I crossed my arms, pouted and frowned at her.

"Aww is my baby upset" she said kissing my nose

"I'm hungry now, can you please move you're kinda in my way" I smiled

"Fine, but when your sexy ass is finished join me in the movie room" she said getting off my lap, I nodded then started eating my dinner. I can't believe I fell for her act but pay back is a bitch. I finished eating and put my rubbish in the bin and made my way to the movie room. When I walked in I notice Demi was laying on her stomach facing the wall while on her phone. I slowly and quietly made my over to Demi and quickly grabbed her leg pulling her a little.

Demi screamed which made me laugh, she rolled over so she was laying on her back with her phone in her hand either texting or on twitter. I laid next to her.

"Whatcha doing" I asked kissing her cheek

"Well I was waiting for my wonderful girlfriend to finish eating so we could spend some time together before I leave but now I'm not so sure that she's wonderful" she replied but the only thing I paid attention to was her leaving.

"Before you leave" I questioned

"I can't stay here forever scar, plus I've gotta organise my trip to Texas, I leave in a week" she smiled, I frowned.

"Oh okay" I tried to sound happy for her but I don't think it worked

"What's up" Demi asked

"Nothing don't worry" I fake smiled

"There's something wrong, please tell me" she said turning onto her side but I stayed on my back.

"Nothing" I sighed which caused a tear to fall, I hoped Demi didn't see it because I'll probably have to tell her what's wrong.

"Okay there's something wrong now tell me" she demanded

"I think it's just all getting to me" I replied looking at the roof.

"What so you mean" she asked

"My mum, dad, zayn and Chaz, it's just getting to me" I said

"Explain" she said

I sighed and decided to start with my mum.

"I miss my mum it's so hard to be doing what I love and not be able to share it with her, no matter how much she hates me or treats me like shit I still want her here to tell me how proud she is of me but I know that's never going to happen" I said

"What about your dad" she asked

"I'm angry at him but I shouldn't be, I hate the fact that he's never around, I hate the fact that he wasn't here for my album release party, he didn't even call or text to congratulate me because he's too busy with his new family" I said my voice filled with anger.

"At least he's coming back for Christmas" Demi said.

I laughed.

"Yeah right" I said, which made Demi look at me confused.

"You said before he was" she said

"I lied" I replied

"Okay so what about zayn and Chaz what have they got to do with this" she questioned.

"Them being around has brought back lot of memories some good but mostly bad especially with zayn, I can't be around them anymore" I said with no emotion.

"Then don't" Demi said

"I have to, for Justin's sake and mine" I said still looking at the roof.

"I don't get it" Demi said confused

"And you probably never will Demi, zayn should have just let them beat the crap outta me" I said while getting up walking towards the door but Demi pushed me against the wall not soft either.

"P-please don't h-hit m-me" I managed to get out with tears falling uncontrollably

FLASHBACK

"It's over zayn" I yelled, I got up and walked towards the door but zayn shoved me into the wall and slapped me across the face

"Don't ever yell at me again" he yelled and slapped me again.

"And it will never be over unless I say got it" he said, I nodded.

"Got it" he yelled

"Yes I've got it" I yelled back and immediately regretted it.

He put his hands on either side of my neck and started to strangle me.

"I told you not to yell at me again" he said through his gritted teeth.

"I-I c-can't b-breath" I managed to get out, I felt his grip loosen but then felt a punch to the face which caused everything to go black.

A/N

5 votes for the next chapter :)

Thanks for reading!

Jess x