Chapter 42

Demi's P.O.V

I sat at the park for another hour before walking back to the police station. By the time I got back it was 6am and there was paparazzi and fans everywhere I tried my best to sneak around them with my hoodie up but it failed.

DEMI WHEN IS SCARLETT GETTING RELEASED

DEMI DEMI LOOK HERE

DEMI, IS IT TRUE SHES BEEN ARRESTED FOR ASSAULTING HER EX BEST FRIEND

I stopped in my tracks when he said that.

"What ex best friend" I asked

"Apparently her name is Ruby or something like that" he smiled at me

"Thanks" I turned around and ran to my car and drove to the hospital once I arrived I parked in a free spot and went inside.

"Hi my friend Ruby was brought in by an ambulance this morning, what room is she in" I asked

"Floor 2 room 205 she said looking up from the computer

"Thank you" I said then walked to the elevator and pressed 2 and waited until the doors opened, i stepped out and looked for room 205 once I reached it I walked in closing the door behind me which caused Ruby to look at me.

I walked closer to the bed and her face looked fucked.

"Looks like you got what you deserved" I smirked at her just then the doctor walked in.

"Hi are you one of Ruby's friends" he asked

"Yeah what's her injuries" I asked

"Well about from the obvious cuts and bruises she has a broken jaw, fractured left eye socket, broken nose and a gash that needed 30 stitches" he explained

"Okay so it's nothing too serious" I questioned

"No everything will heal within a few months" he smiled

"Thanks doc" I smiled at him as he walked out, I sat in the car next to Ruby's bed and just looked at her until my phone went off.

Jesy- Where are you?

Demi- At the hospital, why?

Jesy- Why are you at the hospital? I thought you'd be here?

Demi- I'm checking up on the other girl, and there's no need for me to be there I can't do anything.

Jesy- Maybe not but by you being here it shows that she has support, even Marissa stuck around to support her and they don't even get along.

Demi- I'll be there later okay! I'm busy at the moment plus Justin said he's not going to bail her out.

I put my phone back in my back and sighed, I looked up at Ruby I know Scarlett wouldn't have done this without a reason but I can't help but feel bad for her she has to be in a lot of pain. She started coughing which brought me away from my thoughts. I looked around and seen a cup of water with a straw so I grabbed it and handed it to her, she tried to give me a small smile but I guess it hurt too much. I took the cup back when she finished and sat down. Ruby grabbed her phone and started typing then handed it to me.

-Why are you here?-

I looked up at her and gave her phone back.

"Honestly when I found out it was you that Scarlett had a fight with I was furious and was going to come have a go at you but when I got here and seen you I couldn't, sure you might have made some mistakes but you don't deserve this" I smiled at her and she started typing again then showed me the phone.