Chapter 79

Scarlett's P.O.V

I woke up but immediately closed my eyes again because it was too bright Ruby stirred underneath me.

"Oh hey when did you get here"

I was confused because I didn't see anyone when I opened my eyes but then again I didn't have them open long enough.

"Umm ten"

"What's the time"

"Eleven thirty"

I quickly sat up and seen my mother, scooter and Demi sitting in the room.

"Uh hey" I said while rubbing my eyes

Demi was staring at Ruby, I smiled and laid back down and cuddled into Ruby.

"I think someone's jealous" I whispered

"She ain't got nothing to worry about"

I raised an eyebrow at her.

"I've learnt not to come between relationships"

"Fair enough"

"Okay time to wake up, I've gotta be somewhere" scooter said

"Hey scoot" I smiled as i sat back up

Scooter was like a second father to me, he'd always make sure I'm okay if you seen us together you'd think we were father and daughter.

"Alright so Demi and I have been taking, I heard about your label dropping you for some bullshit reason so I'm going to make a deal with you"

I looked at Demi then back at scooter and nodded telling him to continue.

"Okay if you can prove to me that you can go a month without drugs, alcohol and all the other crap and actually try to recover I'll sign up to be your manager"

"Oh my god, are you serious"

"Calm down you haven't heard the rest of the deal yet and I'm not sure whether you'd be happy about it"

"You'd be spending the month in Texas with Demi and her family, no phone or internet unless Demi gives you permission"

"What, why no phone"

"because recovery will be easier without you talking to the people that got you into this"

"Okay, when do we leave"

"Tomorrow"

"But my birthday is next week"

"You have to make sacrifices"

"Fine"

"Okay good now I'm going, we will chat another day" scooter said before walking out

My mother had her eyes looked onto mine so I asked Demi and Ruby to excuse us for a few minutes.

As soon as they left she ran over to me and hugged me.

"I'm so happy your okay" she said

I didn't reply I just held onto her tighter I didn't want to let go, I've been waiting for this hug for the past five years too bad i had to nearly kill myself to get it. I pulled away and sat on the bed with my legs crossed and my mother sat in the chair next to the bed so I shifted my body so i was facing her.

"Why" she asked

"Why what"

"Why did you do it"

"Because I didn't want to be here anymore"

"Why not" she questioned

"When you lose nearly even one you care about what's the point in living"