Chapter 24

Once the boys were done with VIP hour they were escorted to the doors on either side of the stage that led to the kitchen. As Nash walked by where I was sitting, he reached over and grabbed on to my hand, pulling me to my feet and dragged me with him. We walk back into the kitchen where everyone else is and I pull out my phone and check my notifications. I have multiple snapchats from my friends back home and I begin to open all of them and see what I missed so far this weekend. One was from my friend Abby, and she was eating pizza. Cam was right behind me when I opened it so when I went to reply with a video, Cameron was in the background. “Wait, who’s this too?” he asked me before I held down the button to reply.

I told him her name and I began to record the snapchat, “ABBY, you don’t know me...but when I stay at Nash’s house in a few days, I’m coming over to get some of that pizza..save me a slice.” He says into my phone with a smile. I laugh and press send. I slide my phone back into my pocket as I look around to find Tori. I find her at the end of the hallway, sitting on the ground, her phone plugged into the wall. My phone needed charged too so I walk over to where she was sitting and sit down next to her and plug my phone in as well.

Next thing we know, we look down the hallway and Nash is pushing Matt, who is sitting in a metal box carrier with wheels, towards us. Matt has his right arm extended out in front of him all the way, holding his phone as he says “Yes, hi. Did anybody order a Matt Espinosa?” Nash lifts himself off the ground and kicks his legs in the air as Matt talks, “Or a Nash Grier? Uh….They’re free…” Matt finishes as Nash kicks his legs in the air once again.

Tori and I hold our laughter until Matt is done making, what we only assumed to be, his vine. Once they reach our end of the hall, Nash dumps Matt out on Tori’s lap, “I think she ordered the Matt Espinosa.” he laughs as Matt falls onto Tori’s lap and she groans at his sudden weight crushing her small body.

“Baaaaaaaabe, ughhh” She says as she pushes him off of her lap. He just laughs and gets up and reaches his hands down towards where she is seated on the floor and grabs both her hands and helps her up and immediately wrapped both of his arms around her as they rock back and forth slightly in their embrace.

I smile lightly at their adorableness and look up to see Nash standing in front of me, “And you, beautiful...must have ordered the Nash?” He laughs as he grabs my hands and pulls me up from the ground.

I half laugh and cough at his words, shocked, and reply “I was going to, but that item had suuuuuch a heavy demand that I....I just couldn’t afford it.” We both laugh at my sarcastic remark and we begin to walk back towards the doors because they had about 10 minutes left until they had to go back out to the event. As we walk Nash rests his arm around my shoulders and I lean into him, my head resting on his right shoulder.

Before the guys go out, they have this ritual almost where they all put their hands in a circle and say a chant with absolute random words that have no meaning whatsoever, before they continue with the night. Tori and I stand awkwardly to the side as the boys begin to get in a circle. “Girls, get in. You’re as much a part of this family as we are..” Shawn says to us as Taylor reaches over and grabs one of each of our arms and pulls us over to him. We reach our hands in, also as the boys scream and get pumped up before their show.

After all of the boys got announced, and they ran out to their positions it was time for Mahogany to be announced. She was waiting by the door and she turned back around and looked at Tori and I, “Okay guys, after I go in you two follow behind a few seconds after and come up on stage with me. Y’all can help me DJ.” She says with a laugh as she walks out the door and waves goodbye to us before she does.

After a minute or two, Tori and I walk out the door. The door is right in between the two picture-taking areas with Jacob, Hayes, and Aaron on the left and Nash and Taylor on the right. As we walk by, I feel a hand grab mine and I turn around to see Nash laughing at me as he waves as I pass him. I follow closely behind Tori as she follows Colby, the main MC, onto the stage. We stand on either side of Mahogany as we bend over to look into her laptop. Tori points to the song, “The Illest” by Far East Movement and Mahogany high fives her for her choice in song and she clicks on the song so it begins to play over the booming speakers. She adjusts the bass and balance in the big room we are all in and it feels like the whole room is shaking and I love it.

The three of us dance along to the music and Willie Jones, an extra singer on the tour, comes up and starts dancing next to me. I turn so that we are facing each other and we start laughing and dancing along to the music.

After we all dance to a few songs, I decide to step away from the girls and sit down on the stairs leading up to the stage. I grab a cold bottle of water, that was handed to me from Nick and I open it and begin to drink from it. Right before I can put the lid on the bottle, Nash runs up to me from his current spot next to Taylor and grabs the bottle from my hand, “Thanks, Ab. I’m super thirsty’ He says, out of breath, as he takes a drink from the bottle. I roll my eyes at him and I swear all of the fans either waiting in line to meet the boys, or standing at the barricade closest to where we were now, were all staring at us in this moment and I even felt a few camera flashes directed my way. I brush the extra attention off as I get up and readjust my skirt as I walk back up to the stage and continue to dance and even sing with the girls.

After awhile, Colby announced Jacob and he walked onto the stage and gave each of us a hug before he made his way to the center of the stage and sat down on the stool that we had set there right before he got on stage. The three of us take a seat behind Mahogany’s sound booth on the stage and sit cross-legged on the floor while we listen to Jacob sing “Still into You”. Mahogany seems mesmerized by his voice and he even looks our way as he sings some of the lines and Mahogany instantly swoons.

After Jacob sang his first song, I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around me from the side. I look to my left and Cam is sitting down next to me now, his arm resting on my shoulders. I grab his hand that is resting on the other side of my neck and hold on to it as we sway back and forth to Jacob’s next song.

After Jacob’s second song, it’s time for Jack and Jack to perform their songs. At this point, all of the rest of the boys are making their way to the stage and Nash walks right past me and Cam and sits directly in front of me next to Matt and Tori. I have no idea why he’s acting this way, not even acknowledging me or Cam, but once the song started I told Cam what I was doing and he nodded and removed his arm from around my shoulders and I scooted up towards Nash and sat right next to him as I set my hand on his knee. He looks over at me and has absolutely no emotion on his face as he nods his head towards me, acknowledging me being next to him.

Well, this is weird. I wonder why he’s acting like this. I keep my hand on his knee and squeeze it gently to get his attention before I whisper, “Nash, what’s wrong? Why are you acting so mad?”

He doesn’t say anything at first, just shrugs his shoulders, “I don’t know, why don’t you ask Cam?” he says with a huff.

“Oh god Nash, honestly? You’re both my friends and there’s no need for this shit tonight..forget about it..okay?” I say as I begin to get a little mad.

He thinks about it for a few seconds before saying, “Fine, Ab. I’m sorry, let’s forget this even happened. You know what? Let’s….Let’s dance!” He says as Jack and Jack begin to sing their song, ‘Distance’, and he stands up, pulling me with him.

As soon as we are uncovered by the booth we were sitting behind, fans immediately begin to scream at the sight of Nash on stage. Nash takes my left hand in his and spins me around under his arm. I loose my balance from the sudden movement I wasn’t prepared for, so Nash catches me in his arms. When I open my eyes, Nash is bent over slightly, me in his arms, staring directly into my eyes. I smile up at him as he continues to stare at me, his eyes roaming from mine to land on my lips and then back up to my eyes.

I don’t know why, but this moment, us staring into each other’s eyes as the world around us seems to just fade away, was all it took to click everything together in my head….I have feelings for Nash.