Chapter 41

Abbi's POV

I am laying back against Nash's chest, where I have been for the past few hours we have been in the underground, just scrolling through tumblr when I saw it out of the corner of my eyes. The red and blue flashing lights of two police vehicles were blocking the exit to the garage. I immediately tense up and Nash notices and looks up to meet my, what must have been terrified, eyes. I jump off of his car and walk over towards the rest of our group and the cops begin to walk towards us.

"What are you guys doing? Smoking, I presume?" The taller cop asked us, shining his bright light throughout our group.

Someone needs to talk or this won't end well, and since no one else is doing it, I swallow my fear and speak up, "Of course not, officer. We were just hanging out, and I know it was probably wrong to be here."

"You're right, miss. This is private property, you know?" He asks, now looking directly at me.

"I-I wasn't aware, sir. I'm very sorry." I begin to stutter and I feel my hands start to shake from fear.

"Well, it's almost three in the morning, y'all better get home now," is all he says before turning around and walking back to his car.

Once the officers get into their cars and drive away, I let out the air that I had been holding inside of me and turn around and bump into Nash's chest. I wrap my arms around his back as he does the same and moves his hands up and down my back, soothingly. I was pretty sure he could tell how nervous I was, and he knew exactly how to be there for me.

I finally pull away from him and we all begin to make our way into our separate cars. Before I get in the car, I walk over to Taylor's rover and motion for him to roll the window down. He does and I walk closer and lean against the open window. "Where are you guys staying?" I ask him.

"Umm, we haven't really gotten that far yet I mean..." He begins to say, looking over to Dillon in the passenger seat, searching for an answer.

"Just making sure you didn't already have plans to stay somewhere else, follow us to my house." I smile and yell as I begin to walk back to Nash's car and I climb in the passenger seat.

Nash looks over at me and gives me a warm smile and opens up his hand in between us.

Feeling flirty, I give him a confused look and just say, "What are you holding your hand out like that for, wierdo?"

He tries so hard to play it off like he didn't mean anything by it as he flexes his hand in and out, acting as if he was simply stretching his hands. His cheeks turn a light shade of red as he shoots me an awkward smile before redirecting his vision on the road as he made his way out of the garage. I smile to myself and decide to make him suffer for a few more seconds before I reach over and take his hand from the wheel and bring it to my lap, intertwining my fingers with his. He turns his head towards me and shoots me another questioning look and I just smile at him. "Gotcha." I say with a wink. Nash doesn't say anything as he gives my hand a gentle squeeze and drives us to my house.

Once we finally arrive at my house, I tell Nash to pull to the side of my driveway so he wasn't blocking my garage, and once he puts his car in park I open up my door and begin searching my purse for my house key. By the time I find it, all of the boys are out of their cars and I lead them all to my front door. I open the door and let the large mass of boys that were behind me, inside.

"Go into my room, guys." I say to them as they are entering my house.

I have a pretty nice sized room, but when you try and stuff two girls and eight teenage boys into it, it automatically becomes very small.