Chapter 49

Nash's POV:

Five hours. It's been five hours since I've heard from Abbi or Matt has heard from Tori for that matter. Three hundred minutes. Eighteen thousand seconds and before anyone asks, no I was not counting...To say I'm beginning to freak out would be an understatement. Our meet and greet for Magcon starts in twenty minutes and I feel like I could pass out at any moment now.

Chad walks up to me, placing a firm hand on my shoulder, "Did you not get sleep last night or something?" He asks, probably noticing my current disoriented state as I just stare at the ground.

"No. I'm fine." I say, turning the other way. "No- actually I'm not fine. Can you do me a favor?" I turn to my dad, looking up at him as he waits for my favor. "Can you keep trying to call Abbi like...every five minutes? Yeah, five minutes should be good. I'm really worried. I haven't heard from her all day and usually by this time at night I would've already heard from her multiple times..." I nervously ask.

The warning that we had two minutes to line up for our names to be announced boomed through the room from Colby, the MC of the event. I glance up at him, pleadingly.

"Sure, son. Now go out there and wipe that frown off your face." He waves me off with one shake of his hand.

I try so hard to be happy for the fans that paid money just to catch a glance of me in front of them, but it's hard when these thoughts are currently running through my mind. Every time my phone vibrates in my pocket, I freak out a small bit and walking away from everyone to check it, never being who I want it to be.  

Okay, Nash. Get your shit together for the next hour until break and you can hear from Chad that he got ahold of the girls and everything is okay. I try and pep-talk myself as I walk through the two doors, a spotlight immediately shining on my face and I put on that fake smile almost like a mask as my ears ring from the screams of all the girls.

Abbi’s POV:

As I stepped off the plane and started my walk into the buzzing airport full of all different types of people running left and right, I turn my phone off of airplane mode while my phone almost immediately blows up with notifications.

“Umm...is Chad blowing up your phone too?” Tori turns to me and asks, a weird look on her face as she continues scrolling through her phone.

“Yeah...wait, there’s a call coming through now.” I hold my finger up to silence her as Chad’s name lights up my screen.

“Hello?” I answer him.

Chad let’s out a long sigh before replying to me, “Thank god you girls are okay, we were so worried.”

“Um...we are fine, yes.”

“Nash has been freaking out, you guys haven’t contacted him all day?”

“Yes, actually….we are at the airport.”

“The airport? Where are you going?”

“Um...we’re actually in umm...California?” I nervously announce, my voice taking on the sound of a question by the end.

“Oh..Well…” he began, letting out another long sigh.

“I’m sorry, I know we probably should have warned you but..” I begin to defend myself, assuming he was frustrated.

“I’m on my way to get to you girls, stay where you are..okay?”

And with that, he hung up. Tori and I make our way to a small fast food restaurant inside of the airport, grabbing a quick burger and fries to hold us over until we could actually sit down at eat later. We lounge around until about twenty minutes later when Chad calls us and tells us he’s outside.