Chapter 6

Layla's POV

I meet a pair of green eyes that stare back at me, as I slowly lift my head off the table, rubbing my eyes.

"Heidi?" I frown, as I let out a loud yawn, and she sneers at me.

Her brown hair is styled up in messy bun, a few strands falling over her face. She had on makeup, her lips painted red, which matched her tight blouse in which she paired with white jeans.

"Why are you not in lesson?" She tilts her head, her jaw clenching.

"Why aren't you?" I roll my eyes, covering my mouth and letting out another loud yawn.

"You might want to answer my question, Layla. You are making things worse for yourself with each and every passing day." She says, her lips twitching up.

I look back up at her confused. "What do you mean?"

She ignores my question, as she plays with her fake nails. "I wonder what dad would do if he finds out you've been sleeping during class." Her smirk widens, as her gaze flickers to mine.

She always brings up dad because she knows he's the most abusive one towards me. Pathetic.

"Cool." I reply bluntly, pulling my bag off and zipping it open, her eyes following my every movement.

I fish out a bag of prawn cocktail crisps, opening it up, picking one out and shoving it in my mouth, crunching loudly.

Heidi scoffs. "With all the shit you eat I'm surprised you're still bone skinny."

I roll my eyes. "I'm not boney, I'm normal." I say, as I shove another crisp in my mouth.

"Clearly you haven't seen your flimsy little arms, they are so unattractively sk–"

"Stop!" I burst, some crisp particles flying out of my mouth.

I push my hair from my face, as I quickly swallow the mouthful, and then turn my face to a disgusted looking Heidi.

"Just go do your own stuff, Heidi. Let me be, for once." I lick my crisp-flavoured lips. Before I pick out another, putting it in my mouth.

It's silent for a while, except the crunching noises coming from me. That is until Heidi breaks it again.

"You know, if you were more...normal." she glances at me, giving me a once over, scoffing.

"Maybe you'd have more friends."

I ignore her words, and continue munching.

"God, you eat like a fucking pig." She mutters under her breath.

I scoff. "If I said what you just did you'd be like 'Homm I'm telling mummy, you said a swear word!'." I make my voice squeak-ier.

Her eyes burn with anger and before I know it, she raises her hand and smacks me across my cheek, leaving a burning sensation.

"Who do you think you are, speaking to me like that!?" She screeches, her head dipping down to my face-level.

I clench my hands, anger rushing through me. "Fuck you." I spit, tears pricking my eyes, as I rub my sore cheek.

A smirk forms on her lips, and she tilts her head. "I've always known you were weak." She spits. "You always act so tough at home but we all know you just run to your room, crying, like a small little–" before she can finish I raise my foot and kick her right on her knee, causing her to let out a short scream, as she stumbles back a little, before falling onto her bottom.