Chapter 89

Layla's POV

"Where'd you run off to?" I jump from the voice behind me, quickly turning and hiding my hand behind my back.

"Oh." I laugh nervously as my eyes land upon Killian's bulk figure entering the kitchen. His hand running through his messy hair as his eyes lock onto mine.

"Oh h-hey! I was just looking for you." I lie, plastering a nervous smile.

He raises a brow, his eyes darting to my arm then back up at my face as he analyses me.

"Right..." he begins to make his way towards me. "And what's that behind your back?"

I begin to panic.

"Uh..." I blink a few times trying to come up with something.

"It's nothing." I shrug, trying to act casual as he steps in front of me. His blue eyes calculating as he stares at me.

I gulp as I avert my gaze to the door nervously, before looking up at him. His eyes now on my arm.

"It doesn't look like nothing to me." His hand lands on my hip, as he tries to slide it behind my back to reach my hand.

"No!" I push his hand away and suspicion crosses his eyes.

"I-I mean, it's a secret." I stutter, my gaze wondering to the door again.

"A secret, huh?" He crosses his arms with an unimpressed look. "Don't tell me you've got your hands on some drugs again."

My eyes snap back to his as they widen in surprise. Did he just say drugs!? How can he even think that!

"Do I look like some kind of crackhead to you?" I reply back with a glare.

"You want me to answer that?" He raises a brow and I roll my eyes.

Suddenly I hear a faint sound from outside the kitchen and I jump, as I look towards the door again.

Killian scoffs and I look back up at him with a frown. "What?"

"You make it so obvious." He replies.

"Make what obvious?" I ask in confusion, but don't wait for a reply as I find the perfect excuse.

"Okay, look, I have an itch on my back that I'm trying to scratch." I move my hidden hand up and down for emphasis. "But I don't see why you need to know that though."

He eyes the action and scoffs. "Do I look like an idiot? Whatever you've got behind there, you're handing it over now." He says, his voice more stern and impatient.

I immediately tighten my grip as I shake my head. "No! And you can't make me." I snap, glaring at him.

His watchful eyes begin to fill with amusement as his lips slowly tug up into a smirk.

"Are you challenging me?" He takes a step closer.

"No, I'm just-- need to do something." I say. "But I might show you later if you let me go now." I add persuasively, as I try to move past him, but he's quick to block me.

"What are you so desperate to hide?" He tilts his head and I groan in frustration.

"Nothing that's to do with you. Anyway, I thought you had a lot of work to do?" I say, taking a step forward only to be pushed back by his large frame. Fucks sake!

"Nice try." He smirks down at me. "Anything concerning you, concerns me. Now hand them over, I don't want a repeat of what happened in that aeroplane." He then adds.