Chapter 41

Killian's POV

"Ten. Twenty. Thirty. Forty. Fifty-"

"What are you doing?" I ask Layla, as she counts in tens, lifting up each finger as she does so.

Her gaze snaps up to me. "Stop talking." She growls at me before starting again.

"Ten. Twenty. Thirty. Forty. Fifty. Sixty. Seventy. Eighty-"

I grab her hands, and raise an eyebrow, questioningly.

"Whats ten divided by a million?" She questions me, her eyes lost in thought.

I raise a brow, "Why?"

"Hey." She removes her hands from mine, as she scratches her chin. "I'll give you ten pounds every day. Until it's one million, yeah?" She looks up at me with a small smile.

I purse my lips. "I'm not discussing this with you again." I cross my arms looking back at the plane.

Her smile drops, but she plasters another fake one. "Why not? You're going to get your money back and I get to go back home. Win win."

Then she fully drops it, giving me a scowl. "Plus you can give that money to someone else and buy their daughter so you can--"

I snap my head to her, glaring. "You know you really are starting to test my fucking patience."

"Yeah? Well so are you. This is my life and--"

She jumps, when I slam my fist against the limo door, her eyes darting to the huge dent it caused.

"Listen here--"

Her fake laugh cuts me off. "You know what? I'm leaving." She gives me a smile before walking off.

I grit my teeth, as I lean forward and grab onto her arm. "No you're not." I pull her to me a little too forcefully as she jolts forward, her face banging into my chest.

Shit.

Her face scrunches up, as her hand flies up and over her nose. "Ow" she whimpers, her eyes glaring at mine, as her they gleam with tears.

I let out a sigh, before letting her go. She immediately takes a step back, and I reach my hand forward, tilting her chin up. "Let me see.."

She lets go of her nose, and I raise both brows when I see it perfectly fine.

Oh she did not just--

She flashes me a huge smirk, and before I know it, she turns and makes a run for it.

I pinch the bridge of my nose, shaking my head. I really don't have time for this.

Layla's POV

That fat donkey actually fell for it.

Did he actually think I would stay here just like that?

Hell no I'm getting out of here.

I continue to run as fast as my tiny legs can carry me, away from the plane and away from him. I turn my head and see Killian not too far away, walking in slow strides.