Chapter 14

Layla's POV

"JUST BE QUIET!" I yell, gripping my hair and pulling it.

This guy is so infuriating!

An hour after my family left, he- Killian- came in trying to feed me sludge that he calls food.

He closes his mouth and clenches his jaw, his eyes darkening.

Like I care.

I take a deep breath. "I want fucking answers." I say calmly. God my brain feels like it's about to explode. I'm going insane.

"You'll get your fucking answers when you eat what I've gotten you and show some respect, your parents were right. You are an ungrateful-"

I grit my teeth together and pinch the bridge of my nose.

Stay calm Layla.
You need answers.
Don't let his words get to you.

"I'll eat it." I cut him off in a low voice, picking up the pale coloured bowl and looking into it. I grimace at the sight and force myself to pick up the plastic spoon. I scoop a tiny bit and look at the yellowy sludge that resembles puke.

Oh God.

I put it in my mouth and as soon as it meets my taste buds I gag, but keep my mouth closed. "Yum." I say flatly as I force myself to swallow the banana-ny mixed with the unpleasant taste of something foreign to me.

He stares at me, raising an eyebrow as I begin to twirl the spoon around the sludge.

"I really like it, but can I have some privacy? You staring at me is seriously making me uncomfortable so.." I force on a smile and he scoffs, rolling his eyes. "Typical." He then opens the door and leaves.

Typical his butt.

Quickly I grab the grey bucket next to me and pour the whole thing in it, pushing it back aside, and after a few moments, I call out to him. "You can come in now."

The door opens and in he comes, with a brow raised. "That quick?"

"What can I say? I'm a fast eater." I brag, shoving the bowl in front of his feet. He looks down at it and picks it up, looking down at me in suspicion.

"What? Where else would it of gone? Up my butt?" I snap. "Just give me the answers."

He glares at me and nods anyway. "I was contacted a few months ago by your father, that same month I ran into you in your School–"

"What were you doing there anyway?"

He clenches his jaw. "I'm getting to that." He snaps.

"That day, I was in to meet your sister, plan the whole kidnapping thing. Pick out the hallway, how to lure you etc."

Piece of shit.

"So after that we arranged everything. The time and place. So it was set. And as expected the plan went perfectly." His smirk widens.

"As expected the plan went perfectly." I mimick to myself. I'm childish. I know. But this guy is really starting to piss me off.

"I can see why they didn't want you anymore." He chuckles trying to offend me.