Chapter 77

Layla's POV

A few weeks pass by and it's nearly Matt's twentieth birthday.

And I was making him a handmade special birthday card using glitter and stickers.

I'm never too old for that.

And this is the second time I'm making a twentieth birthday card. First one being for Killian.

I draw a stickman Matt with a donkey face and a speech bubble next to his head saying 'I need women! -.-'

I snicker as I write some notes inside.

I hear the door slam open downstairs and jump slightly.

"WAGWAAN FELLAS!" I hear Matt yell, and I roll my eyes, getting up and putting the card in one of my drawers.

Why is he so obsessed with British slang?

"Keep your voice down." I hear Luca scold him as I exit my room and head downstairs, entering the living room.

"Sorry bossman." Matt shrugs and Luca shakes his head as he begins to work on his computer again.

Matt turns to me, eying me up and down. "Why hello, hot stuff." He winks and I scoff.

"Pervert."

He smirks at me and I stick my tongue out at him as I head to the kitchen.

I grab some sweet and salty popcorn and pour it into a bowl as I head back to the living room, licking my lips.

"Can y'all do me a favour?" Matt asks as I sit next to Luca and I cock a brow, stuffing my face with popcorn.

Matt looks down at my bowl, licking his lips and I cover it with my arm, glaring.

"What?"

"It's my birthday in a few days." He states. "I was wondering if I could host a small party here." He shrugs and I frown.

"Why can't you have it at yours?"

"Dad won't let me." He rolls his eyes and I snort.

"Gee, I wonder why..."

"Shut up." He rolls his eyes. "So can I?"

"I don't know." I look at Luca. "Luca, is it okay with you?"

"Of course." He answers, his gaze still focused on the laptop.

"Neat!" Matt whoops his fist up as he does a small dance.

Few hours pass and I'm now sat in bed with Matt as I clip my toenails.

"Damn." Matt says as he watches me. I glance up at him.

"What?"

"Your feet are so damn small." He pushes his own foot against mine and I kick it away.

"Ew get your smelly foot off me you weirdo." I glare at him and he scoffs.

"Says the girl with toenail clippings in her hair."

I shake my hair watching a few fly out and he gets off the bed as his phone begins to ring.

I go into my bathroom and have a quick shower. When I get out I see Matt laying in my bed still on call with someone.

"Yeah, you heard correct." He chuckles into the phone, smirking to himself. "Party's at my mates house. I'll text you the address." And then there's a pause.

"Oh, I like the sound of that." He chuckles again and I almost puke.

"Yeah? Alright, see ya, babe." He pulls away and hangs up letting out a satisfied sigh.