Chapter 16

Layla's POV

I grab my unpacked suitcases and roll them towards the door, leaning them against the wall next to it.

Killian came a while ago, telling me how we'll be moving out soon and blah blah blah. He's currently out along with Kian. (The guy I beat the fuck out of)

After what Killian said yesterday I was more pissed than upset, one moment he's nice and the next he fricking insults me using my family. Jerk.

I take a seat, pressing my back against the door and begin to tap my foot and I look to my right and see the few remaining sweets I've left. One by one I begin to eat and start singing.

"I've been a liar, been a thief been a lover been a cheat, all my sins need holy water, feel it washing over me. Oh little one..don't wanna admit to something..if it only brings you pain..." I trail off and stand up after a while with furrowed brows, as I feel a painful pinch in my lower abdomen.

Feeling that's oh-so familiar.

Period.

I groan, rubbing my abdomen as the pain starts to increase.

It fricking hurts.

I begin to pace around but stop and my eyes widen, when I feel something in-between my legs.

A few minutes later I hear something bust.

"Layla?" I hear a faint yell. He's still downstairs.

"UP HERE!" I yell and wince.

I hear his heavy footsteps stomping up the stairs.

"Over here." I call out.

He comes closer and twists the knob, obviously seeing it doesn't open I hear a loud bang and the door flies open, showing Donald in all black with a huge wrench in his hand.

His eyes find me and a wide grin spreads on his face, as he drops the wrench and engulfs me in a hug. We pull apart and I smile wide.

"You okay?" He asks and I shrug.

"My parents are making me stay with this man I have no idea who is, they've gone to America." I sigh. "But let's get out of here quick before he gets back."

His jaw clenches and he nods, and we both head to the stairs.

Donalds now at the front door while I'm still on the middle of the steps.

"You're too slow." I hear Donald say as he waits for me from the door. I get off the last few steps and roll my eyes.

"You have long legs, I don't. Deal with it." I joke.

"You're on your period." he states flatly and my face heats up.

"No." I scowl, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Mhm. I've known you for years Layla, don't forget. You're always slow and cranky when you're on your period."

"You're on your period." I push past him and out the door and he laughs.

I look around and frown. "Where's the car?"

"There." I turn around and see him pointing to our right and I look there and see his black car in a distance and groan.

His eyes then trails lower and I look down, my face turns red as I stop in my tracks. I see my trousers covered in red.

God. This is so embarrassing!

I pull my shirt lower, feeling my face heat up even more and tears of embarrassment prick my eyes.

He scratches the back of his neck. "Um it's okay. We'll get uh home soon and then you can...." He trails off and I nod continuing to walk further.

I look backwards and see a blue car parked by the house.

I look closely and then my eyes meet another blue pair through the window.

I squint my eyes and my eyes widen.

It's the scarface- I mean Killian.
"Uh. Donald." I say in a panicked voice.

"Hm?" He hums, without turning.

"Look-" I turn pointing at the window but he's no longer in the car, I look at the house and see just as the door shuts closed.

***
Killian's POV

"KIAN!" I shout, putting the gun in the waistband of my jeans.

Almost ten seconds later the door opens and he comes in. "Yes, sir?"

"Get rid of this." I point my head to the body lying on the floor, rubbing my head, with a groan.

He scrambles over to the body, rolling his sleeves up as he squats down.

I run my hands through my hair, as I push the rusty door open.

"Kian, call Mike and tell him to come over, after that both of you go to the workplace and get the drugs." And with that I close the door shut, and make my way out and into my car.

I keep one hand on the steering, as I run my hand over my hair, frustratedly, tapping the steering wheel with my hands, and I come to a stop at the house.

I stop the engine and just when I'm about to get out, my eyes land on two figures a few metres from here.

Is that Layla?

I squint my eyes, bringing my head closer and there I see her and this other tall guy, heading over to a vehicle.

I run my hand over my face, as I furrow my eyebrows, releasing a grunt.

I'll let her go for now.

I open the door to my car, and head over to the house, pushing the broken door open.

If she thinks it's over, she has another thing coming.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•