Chapter 78

Layla's POV

I continue to stand here, my eyes glued on him.

His ashy blonde hair was a mess on top of his head as he continuously ran a hand through it. (every guys habit?)

He looked stressed and a little pissed as he spoke to Luca about something and my eyes trail down his body. He had on a navy suit with a silver tie on.

Few minutes later I see Luca stand up and walk somewhere else.

Should I go to him?

I use the chance and begin to make my way to Killian who pulls out a cigarette from his pocket, a lighter with it and I frown.

He lights it up and puts it in his mouth, as he pulls his phone out, breathing out the smoke.

As I come closer to him and stop in front of him, his eyes snap towards me, surprise filling them. He blows his final smoke before blunting the cigarette out.

His dark gaze slowly looks me up and down before meeting mine again.

"H-Hi." I slur out, playing with the hem of my dress. His eyes soften as he looks at my fidgeting fingers.

I take in his features, my eyes dropping to the ring on his lip.

"Are you okay, love?" He asks. It was the first time I heard his voice after ages, it had deepened from the last time I spoke to him.

"Um, yes." I respond after a minute, tucking my hair back. "I didn't know you were coming here." I then say and he raises a brow as silence settles between us.

"Are you drunk?" He then leans back in his seat and I take a step forward.

"No, I'm Layla." I reply and his lips tug up in amusement as his gaze drops back to his phone.

"Why didn't you remember me?" I rest my hand on his leg and his eyes harden as they meet mine again.

"What are you doing?" His rough hand lands on mine, as he pulls it off his leg. My smile drops as he let's go after pulling it away.

"Oh, sorry." I break eye contact as my eyes swarm the people. "I thought you knew."

"Knew what?"

I sigh, exasperated as I glare at him.

"My name."

"What about it?"

He doesn't remember me. "My name is Layla!" I shout, getting frustrated.

He stares at me for a moment, his lips quirking up slightly. "Go and drink some water, love." He shakes his head, dropping his gaze to his phone.

"Why don't you remember me?" My cheeks tint red with drunken rage and his eyes meet mine again as I cross my arms.

Killian's POV

"When did I say I didn't?" I look down at her, raising a brow as she takes a step forward.

Her big grey eyes were glazed in a glassy sheen. Her cheeks bright red as she glared at me.

How much exactly, did she drink?

My eyes trail down her petite form and I smirk at her. Still as gorgeous as ever.

And cute.

"Because you didn't answer me." She slurs out, angrily.

I stare at her for another moment, rolling my eyes. "Your voice sounds a little shaky, you had the whole bowl of punch didn't you?"

Her nostrils flare, as she struggles to find words, her lips twitching untill she finally blurts. "Your voice sounds like a dinosaur."