Chapter 75

Killian's POV

"Do you any idea how much money we've lost this past year?" Mike spat, as he stands against the door to my room, while I light up a fag.

"Do you any idea how much I don't give a fuck?" I respond, putting the cigarette to my mouth as I bring the laptop closer to me, lifting my gaze up to his, lazily.

He scoffs in response. "Your twentieth birthday party that you decided to cancel already cost us millions." He seethes and I roll my eyes, gritting my teeth.

"Now you're even more careless. We have another big case coming up next month and you haven't even planned-"

"Alright." I cut him off, pulling the cigarette away as I blow out the smoke. When he just stands there I roll my eyes.

"Close the door on your way out." I sit up on my bed, looking up at him, challengingly.

His jaw tenses, anger clear on his face and my lips tug up into a smirk.

"If you can't handle your leadership you might as well just hand it over to me now, you know I'll do much better." He continues and I cock a brow.

"You're the last person I'd give up my leadership to." I respond calmly, putting the fag back in my mouth, and he glares harder, his nostrils flaring.

"Now get back to work."

Its silent for a moment as he just stands there like a prissy brat and I continue my work, shaking my head as I lean back.

"You've changed." I hear him growl a minute later.

"You were bad enough with that bitch around but now that she's gone you're even worse."

I scoff in response, as I look up at him again. Damn, he was that desperate to piss me off.

I sigh.

"Get a filter, Mike. You seem to be forgetting who you're talking to." I simply respond lowering my gaze to the laptop as I casually blunt out the cigarette.

I hear him let out another growl then hear the door slam a second later.

I let out a sigh, running a hand through my hair, stressfully.

He was right, we had been losing a lot money lately. Especially from missing that important meeting on my birthday but after all the shit that happened before it, I hadn't the will to go on with it and ended up cancelling.

Which of course angered my uncle and Mike from the huge amount of money loss, I didn't really care about that though.

Currently the case we were on was almost impossible to finish without anyone getting hurt or caught from it and that was the most stressful thing from this.

We really needed a solid plan if we wanted a successful result.

The past year has been absolutely shit for me, I still missed Layla so God damn much and there had never been a day where she hasn't been on my mind.

I felt shit for what I did to her. She was such a nice, amazing girl, she didn't deserve me at all.

Because I was just me; I manage to fuck things up no matter what, including our relationship.

Although letting her go was hard for me, it was also for the best and I don't regret that choice.

With me being with her, there was a high chance she'd get hurt, and not just from my toxic persona.

I was fucked up no doubt, I let my feelings get over me, particularly my anger which not only affected how I worked with others, but with my relationship with Layla.