Chapter 80

Layla's POV

"I'm going to be an elf for Christmas." I state, picking up the outfit. "Because this is on sale." I grin.

"You look like an elf already, shortie." Matt snorts as I turn around.

"Hey!" I whack him with the hanger and he groans, rubbing his arm as he glares at me while I search the rack again.

"Heres your size. We can both be it." I put them into the basket.

He scoffs. "This is so childish." He rolls his eyes.

"So what? It's just me, you and Luca. Wait what size is he?" I turn, looking through the outfits again.

"Bruh."

Few hours of Christmas shopping later, we leave with the outfits and different coloured tinsels, baubles and a bunch of other decorations along with some food.

"We need a tree." I state, as we drive off.

"Pretty sure dad has an old one in his garage." Matt responds.

Matt's dad is always away at work so he has the house all to himself pretty much all the time, so that's why he's spending Christmas with us.

Once we arrive at his garage, Matt heads inside and walks to the corner, me following him.

"Is it a white one?" I ask, as he begins to pulls something out of the triangular slot in the wall.

"Nah, this is a real tree." He pulls again and I jump when it lands in front of my feet.

It was discoloured with some areas turning black, a stench coming from it.

"It's so rotten!" I exclaim, taking a step back, wrinkling my nose.

"Nah, it just needs a wash and some spray paint." He pulls his shirt up, blocking his nose.

"And perfume." I take another step back.

"Help me pick it up and put it into the trunk." He says, bending down as he grasps the front.

I groan, as I go to the end, lifting it up, as we begin to head out with it.

"Shall we just buy a new tree?" I grimace, as we finally dump it into the trunk.

"Nah, no point, this will do." He rubs his hands together as we then enter the car again.

"Where can we get spray paint?" I ask as he drives off.

"Walmart, of course."

~~~~~~

"No, it needs to have a snowy look." I shake my head as Matt picks up a blue can, while I'm holding a white one.

"That's boring."

"We bought some blue baubles, it won't stand out." I roll my eyes. "Put that down."

"No." He scowls. "Blue paint or no paint."

I cross my arms, glaring and after ten more minutes of arguing, he then makes a suggestion.

"Let's just make it rainbowy, that'll be sick, we can add extra colours and that. A bit like the LGBT flag." He says, excitedly.

"Oh, that's actually a good idea." I nod with a grin. "Like do it in strips, and put different coloured baubles and tinsels around a contrastive colour and then--"

"Yeah yeah, that's it." He cuts off my blabber. As he begins to throw in different coloured cans.

I then make my way to the end of the aisle, as I look around the christmas sale.