Chapter 57

Killian's POV

I watch as she downs her fourth bottle of water, some spilling down her chin as she does so. When the bottle is drained she pulls away, letting out a croaky breath.

"Maybe you shouldn't drink so much." I tell her with a grimace, removing the towel from her forehead and dunking it into hot water again, squeezing it slightly before placing it back on her forehead.

"Lay down." I tell her, and she shakes her head.

"I need to pee." She whispers for the sixth time today and I roll my eyes, removing the towel from her.

She begins to shuffle to the edge of her bed, groaning with every move until she slowly removes herself, walking towards the bathroom with shaky legs.

I place the towel back into its large bowl, before pushing it aside, taking a seat on Layla's bed, letting out a sigh.

My eyes land on a piece of paper sticking out from one of the drawers and I narrow my eyes, leaning down, reading the name Layla at the top.

She's been writing letters?

I frown as I lean further down, swiftly pulling out the paper, and beginning to read, my eyes ending on the name Donald.

Layla's POV

After I pee, I quickly wash my hands.

I look into the mirror and grimace. My face is pale, my eyes bloodshot and teary, my lips chapped, my nose and cheeks red. I look like a zombie.

I quickly brush my messy hair, and tie it up into a tight bun, before I lean down to the sink, and wash my face and brush my teeth.

I wipe my face with my towel, feeling slightly better. I make my way to the door and open it.

I walk out, rubbing my sleeve at my face, wiping off the water that drips.

"Hey.." I smile, as I slip into bed, turning my head slightly as I look at Killian. He had his forearms against his legs as he glares down at the floor, his jaw ticking.

"Uh, w-what's wrong?" I ask, hesitantly and his head snaps to me, his blue eyes glaring through mine, and my smile drops.

"Change the towel every half an hour." He stands up, abruptly, grabbing his blazer from the end of my bed.

"Wait, where are you going?" I frown, looking up at his towering figure as he swiftly pulls it on, his hand securing his tie.

"Luca will be back in an hour." He ignores my question, looking at me again, with his burning gaze.

"Oh.." is all that comes out, as I watch him turn. "Maybe we can hang out later?" My cheeks redden as I ask this.

He stops for a while, glancing back.

"I doubt it." And with that he opens the door and leaves.

~~~~~~~

I crumple the sheet made of Lays brand, and throw it in the bin, as I then make my way towards my wardrobe.

Might as well clean out my stuff since I'm bored.

I open the wardrobe and push myself in.

An hour later, I have more clothes in the bin bag than the actual wardrobe itself and sigh, looking down at the bag which has some clothes spilling out.

"Uh, what's all this?"

I turn around my eyes greeting mums.

"Just some old clothes. I'm planning on giving them to charity." My voice comes out raspy, and I cough slightly.

"Oh how lovely." She gives me a fake smile. Before making her way to my drawer.

"Heidi told me you got your results." She smirks.

"Yeah." I rub my eyes tiredly, turning and closing my wardrobe.

I hear mum laugh behind me and I turn and see her staring down at my grades.

"Failed Maths, huh?" She raises her head, smirking.

"Of course that's all you look at." I rasp out, my eyes beginning to droop, and I let out a yawn.

"I got a B in English, a 6." I then mutter, glancing at her.

"Amazing!" She squeals, sarcastically. "Heidi got an A." She then smirks.

"Yeah." I cough again, making my way to her. "I'm happy with my grades." I take the sheet off her and she laughs again.

"How can you be happy by getting a 3 which is basically an E in maths?" She snorts.

I look up and see her sneering but when she sees I'm looking she plasters a smile, as she raises a brow.

"I'm retaking it." I shrug, tiredly, as I try to move to my bed, but she steps in front of me.

"Well, aren't you lucky you can?" She grins, her voice laced with sickly sweetness.

"Yeah." I try to get to bed again, but she glares at me, her whole nice act evaporating.

"You're very ungrateful, you know that?" She spits.

I close my eyes, as I take a step back, my head still pounding.

"Why do you care? It's not like you're my mother." I reply bluntly.

But the next thing I know is my face is whipped to right, the sound of her hand connecting to my cheek, filling in the atmosphere, leaving me a stinging sensation.

I ignore the pain as I turn my head back to her, opening my eyes.

"You don't deserve anything." She spits. "I can see Killian is already getting sick of you like how we did, it won't be long till he'll ruin your life. Ungrateful bitch."

I just stare at her, as my head begins to pound harder.

"He's done so much for you and all you do is mess around with him, and still act like a slut, running along with men you don't even know." She sneers, her eyes glinting with disgust.

I close my eyes again, as her words feel like a stab to my chest and she scoffs.

Okay I get it. Me going away with the boys was a mistake.

"Look at you. Might as well kill yourself to spare what's coming for you, soon." She says and I open my eyes again, a smirk now on her face.

"Aw, are you crying?" Her smirk widens, as she flicks at my cheek, and I step away from her, rubbing my eyes.

"Grow up, Layla."

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•