Chapter 29

Layla's POV

That friend turned into my boyfriend.

It's been four months since me and Jack started dating. And I couldn't have been happier.

I haven't seen or heard from Killian since the day at the restaurant, six months ago, and hopefully it stays that way.

I still live with Donald. I have a job, I'm a cashier at that restaurant. You know... where that guy almost raped me at. Oh and by the way, he's in jail for two years. Serves him right.

You won't believe who Cara's dating. KALEB. KALEB I TELL YA! You can imagine how surprised I was when I found out, but overall I'm happy for them.

Donald's still the single duck he always said he'd be, till after his studies.

Okay. There's the summary.

So anyway, I'm currently at work, my shift ends at six.

I take the last of the customers and check the time. Jack should be picking me up in two minutes.

I begin to pack my stuff up, and then exit the market, I wait in my usual spot and soon Jack's car pulls over.

I open the passenger door and get in. "Hi."

"Hey beautiful." Jack smirks and I blush."Don't call me that." I scowl, putting my seatbelt on. He chuckles leaning forward and placing a kiss on my cheek, before he starts the engine and drives.

~~~
I snap out of my daze when I feel warmth on my thigh. I look at Jack's hand, then at him.

"Penny for your thoughts?" He cocks a brow.

"Huh?"

"We arrived five minutes ago." His hand caresses my thigh, causing tingles to spread.

"Oh, um..." I begin to fiddle with my hands.

"Relax." He chuckles. His other hand cupping my jaw as he turn my face to him, his eyes searching my own.

"What's wrong?"

I shake my head. "Nothing." I give him a small smile.

"You sure?" He asks and I nod.

After some silence I look up at him again.

"You coming in?"

"No." He shakes his head. "I was planning on going to the gym."

"Oh." I slump back on my seat, pushing my hair back. "I can come?" I look at him.

"You want to?" He cocks a brow, turning to me.

"Sure." I nod and he smiles, as he starts up his engine again.

~~~~~~~
"This is a men's gym?" I exclaim, staring up at the big building.

"Only gym that has private rooms." He chuckles, wrapping his arm around me.

"Right." I blow out a breath.

"Think you can go in now? We've been out here for five minutes."

I roll my eyes. "Yes, let's go."

He steers me towards the building. I open the door for him, bowing down. "Men first."

Just when he's about to go inside, I nudge past him. My smile drops when I see every eye on me. I stand there for a moment and they continue to stare at me.