2⇢first look

Jinyoung settles at the same corner of the classroom like the previous day. He notices Mark and his buddies were pleasantly absent, so either he was early or Mark was late. 

Looking down at his lap, he quickly takes out his personal diary which he had stuffed in by mistake and starts doodling random images on the back of it. Barely a minute passes after which he hears someone take the seat behind him. A clearly startled Jinyoung works purely on his reflex to shove the diary into his backpack and whip his head at the student. But he has to look away immediately.

The guy behind him is staring at him as if Jinyoung has burned down his entire house. Jinyoung never felt this vibe of intimidation coming off from anyone else before. Upon realizing that he is probably, he slowly turns around, tries not to make eye contact. Surprisingly, the guy is still staring at him, also biting the corner of his lower lip. At first, Jinyoung gets distracted by it and then he has to clear his throat to introduce himself. But even before he can manage to open his mouth, the other boy speaks.

"Is there something on my face?" his husky voice turns out to be as intimidating as his stare.

"Uh, no," Jinyoung said. Well, he can't see any flaw on that face to be exact and with a unique set of two moles on his left eyelid, Jinyoung finds him moderately attractive.

"So why are you gawking?" he questions Jinyoung once again.

"I am sorry," Jinyoung drops an apology. He debates within his head whether or not he should bring up the point that this guy was gawking back at him too.

"Whatever," the black haired boy behind Jinyoung brushes him off with a shrug and takes out some notebooks to spread it over his desk, quickly indulging into it with concentration.

Jinyoung wasn't sure if he should still consider introducing himself to this boy because he didn't look one bit interested. He turned toward's the teacher's desk and wait for the first class to commence. However, Jinyoung feels a strange uneasiness sitting in his spot. Whether it's due to the stupid cold he had caught or the weird boy behind him, he simply keeps shifting nervously in his small space.

Mark strolls into the classroom with Kihyun right behind him, his warm and bright smile greets Jinyoung and gives him some temporary relief.

"Hey, Jinyoung," Mark raises his hand for another high five. Jinyoung responds right away.

Then Mark's attention goes towards the occupant of the desk behind Jinyoung.

"Hey wassup, Jaebum? I guess you met the new student already. By the way, here is Im Jaebum, star of the class," Mark introduces that boy like a trophy which didn't belong to him.

Yeah, right. Star of the class is a backbencher? Mark must be kidding. Jinyoung thinks and giggles on his own.

Jaebum doesn't react except looking up once at Mark and Kihyun. Star or not, Jinyoung figures that the boy is genuinely rude by nature. He wasn't going to bother making another conversation with Jaebum. Jinyoung wasn't an active social person himself either but at least he had some basic decency. He had manners which were necessary to function in the society and the crowd he had to mingle with. Even though he found nine out of ten people around him to be annoying, he still kept that polite yet forced smile on his face to avoid stupid altercations.