21⇢first confession

It's just another day in school without Jaebum and Jinyoung finds himself in the company of Mark as usual. The blonde boy has that familiar whirlwind of energy surrounding him and Jinyoung knows that Jackson is definitely involved in uplifting his mood.

"I am going to pick Jackson from the airport," Mark announces, walking a bit too fast for Jinyoung to keep up with.

"Yes, I figured."

"Hey wanna come along? Jackson hasn't met any of my recent school friends and unfortunately, Joo and Kihyunie are busy today."

"And that leaves me like your only option?" Jinyoung says, without taking any distinctive interest and walking along.

So they end up standing outside the airport an hour later, with Mark holding Jackson's name written on a placard in bold alphabets. Jinyoung grows impatient. He was supposed to meet Jaebum and hand over some assignment he missed out on due to work. Instead, he was at the airport to meet Mark's imported best friend from China.

"There he is, there he is."

Jinyoung follows Mark's pointer and finds a guy walking towards them, one of his hands constantly waving and he sports a smile brighter than Mark himself. As the Jackson guy draws closer, Jinyoung looks at him from head to toe. His hair is bleached a shade lighter than Mark's strawberry blonde with a snap-back to cover most of it, has a defined angular jawline and he carries one piece of luggage on his back.

Mark drops the placard, Jackson drops his luggage and then they run at each other like two long lost brothers reconciling in some melodramatic movie. They hug tight and do some bizarre handshake involving a small dance routine too. Jinyoung stands there, his face screwing up in second-hand embarrassment along with the people passing by who give a brief look at the duo and giggle. As they approach Jinyoung with Jackson constantly ruffling Mark's hair into a mess, Jinyoung decides to be polite.

"Say hello to my friend Park Jinyoung and Jinyoung, you know who this is."

Of course, Jinyoung knew about Jackson because Mark won't shut up about him.

"Wasssssup?" Jackson drags and stretches the word, a mirthful vibe radiating out of him. "Is this the Jinyoung you keep talking about?"

Jinyoung throws a questioning look at Mark and then turns at Jackson with an awkward smile. Mark rubs the back of his head sheepishly.

"I tell Jackson about everything. He is my best friend after all," Mark states the fact for the thousandth time and Jinyoung wonders what exactly Mark gossips about him.

And before he can say something, Jackson pulls Jinyoung into a bone-crushing hug and he could tell it right away that Jackson is a people's person. He probably loves being affectionate with everyone known and unknown and that's just his nature. He can detect all those common traits in Mark too.