38⇢first adjourn

Jinyoung walks into Jaebum's room for which seems like the last time. The gradual emptiness eating at his heart like a mite. The Polaroids strung up on the walls were gone, Jaebum's study table, second-hand couch and there is nothing except the incandescent bulb and the good old bed. He notices some trash in the form of torn papers and cardboard in the corner. There is a strange feeling tugging at his heartstrings. It's wasn't his room in the first place, it wasn't his house but it was his memories etched into the very brick and mortar of this foundation. He sighs and sits down on the bed after opening the single window in the room. Waiting for Jaebum was all he could do. He was afraid that Jaebum might try to usher him back home because it was already getting dark outside. But it was his decision to stay and he knew how to bend Jaebum's willpower.

Jaebum shows up around eight on the clock, along with takeouts. The expected question of Jinyoung staying the night at his place bothers Jaebum at first but then he agrees to it. Having Jinyoung for one whole night without issues was rewarding. With ajumma retreating to her room, Jaebum and Jinyoung move back to theirs. Yes, it has become their room. It has been their room for a long time without putting an exclusive tag on it.

Jaebum takes a long shower and Jinyoung insists to join but Jaebum shoos him away. 

"We have the whole night Jinyoungie. Patience okay?"

Jinyoung pouts and busies himself with his phone instead. After Jaebum finishes, he drags Jinyoung to the bathroom and tells him to clean up. Even without insistence, Jinyoung definitely wanted to clean up. A whole day worth of grime sticking to his skin has started to itch and he was dying to wash it away before cuddling with Jaebum.

Wearing Jaebum's spare shorts and a loose sweatshirt makes Jinyoung feel cozy. He absentmindedly decided to steal one of his clothing but then realizes that it will be creepy. He pokes his head out of the bathroom, then tiptoes towards ajumma's bedroom. Finding it closed with ajumma probably deep in her sleep, Jinyoung breathes out in relief.

"Took you long enough," Jaebum complains from the dark.

Jinyoung's eyes take time to adjust to the room solely illuminated by the moonlight streaming through the window which he had previously opened. He traces Jaebum's silhouette in bed and crawls up. Resting his head over Jaebum's biceps, he lets out a sigh.

"Whenever you are awfully quiet, I know something is up. Either you have done something you shouldn't have done or you are overthinking about unnecessary shit."

Jinyoung stares up at the ceiling, shifts his head higher up Jaebum's arm so that he is basically over his collarbone.

"Can't I be quiet for no particular reason?"