4⇢first morning

Birds chirped, the sun climbed up from the east as usual but Jinyoung found himself at an unusual location. The familiar white walls of his bedroom and expensive drapery pulled over the windows weren't visible. Instead, he was at the side of some road which cut through a lush green forest.

Struggling to open his eyes in order to greet the harsh sunlight, his hands rub against the woolen fabric on his body. He was in a white knit sweater which has somehow replaced his shirt and tank top. A wave of confusion washes over Jinyoung as he tries to piece back his memory from last night.

He was drunk, he felt sick and then he was provided sanctuary in Jaebum's pickup truck.

Jaebum' pickup truck. That red and beige vehicle.

Then Jinyoung looks around to find himself in the same vehicle with no signs of its owner. He wasn't sure if the truck belonged to Jaebum or not. Stepping out seems like a good idea so he does. Without the visibility of a single soul within his line of sight, Jinyoung feels alienated. Cold air hits his face and he finds damp soil underneath his feet. It might have drizzled lightly last night.

Hugging himself, Jinyoung vacantly stares on. He has never been so clueless in his life before. Recalling one of the jokes he came across on social media where a person feels disoriented upon waking up from a prolonged sleep, Jinyoung smiles to himself at the relativity. He also smiles at his stupidity. He should have known that all these wild parties brought disaster along with it. Too bad, the disaster fell on him. On the top of that, Jinyoung's cell phone wasn't getting reception.

Did Jaebum abandon me?

A voice piques from within Jinyoung and he quivers. For a split second, he feels something he wasn't supposed to feel. Hurt. Point is, he wasn't exactly familiar with Im Jaebum. Yet, the strange emotional imbalance causes Jinyoung to rake his brain to obtain a solution for the situation. 

He could have driven off easily if only he knew how to drive. The key was still hanging in its spot. The non-paranoid part of his brain told him that Jaebum could have easily ditched him last night but he helped him so it didn't make sense that he would ditch Jinyoung now.

Just when he was considering the excruciating task of walking back to civilization, he hears footsteps. There was Jaebum, walking out of the forest and idly moving towards the truck. Jinyoung sighs in relief. He feels sorry for making an incorrect assumption about Jaebum all along.

Wordlessly, Jaebum spares him a glance before settling behind the steering. Jinyoung takes the hint and climbs inside. From what he can see up close, Jaebum's drooping eyes and the shadow underneath it indicated that he could use some sleep. Jinyoung wasn't sure how to start a conversation this time. He didn't have any usual high school topic at hand and he certainly wasn't eager to talk about the party which he might have ruined for Jaebum. Since the good Samaritan helped him last night, he probably had to sacrifice all the fun he could have had at the party.