47⇢first blunder

"Stay away you two

"Stay away you two."

It's surprising even to Jinyoung and his friends who are busy trying to tackle him, that he can actually differentiate between them by their names. Jooheon gives up and Kihyun makes a bitter exit after Jinyoung shoves him back, causing the boy to fall atop Youngjae who had passed out a long time ago. That leaves Mark, with his toppled over absinthe on the floor and two empty glasses, courtesy of Jinyoung. The challenge he faces to manage Jinyoung up on his feet and somehow take him to the jeep Jooheon had driven to pick them up from the club, proves too much for his lanky body.

"Jinyoung look at me, buddy. It's late okay, we all have to go home. Come on, try to stand up," he looks over his back to call Jooheon for help. "Help me, moron, don't just stand there."

"Jinyoungie just scratched me, man. Are you sure we can take him home like this?"

Mark pulls at his own hair in frustration. Had he knows that Jinyoung would have flipped all of a sudden after demanding to have another shot of absinthe, he would have never brought him the second shot. The regret falls heavy on Mark's shoulders.

"Jesus, just help me out okay? I invited him here and I just can't leave him like this. Also, I have to ship Youngjae home as well. Fuck just..."

Jooheon has his face scrunching up, feeling all the pity in the universe for Mark and sharing some of Mark's regret for himself as well.

"You fucked up bad Mark, real bad.."

Mark glowers at that comment but he can't deny that he has actually fucked up the most with his classmate and a younger boy who is illegally out of his senses in a gay club at 11 pm. But before shit can hit the fan any further, he has to fix it. That's the only motivational talk Mark gives himself to keep moving.

He tries to pick up Jinyoung from the couch one more time with all the strength he can muster. The onlookers don't pay much attention except having a laugh or two at them. Mark could safely assume that the clubbers were probably branding them as a couple but he couldn't care less. But Jinyoung is by his definition, almost feral. He punches, slaps, scratches and even tries to bite anybody who makes an attempt to touch him. 

"Don't touch me. I want him, I don't want you. I don't want any of you. Get lost," Jinyoung swats blindly and hits Mark straight over his nose and the blond boy backs away immediately.

Jooheon is probably the most confounded at Jinyoung's brand new unseen personality seeping out.

"What is he talking about Mark?" Jooheon asks, pulling Mark a good distance away from Jinyoung by his oversized hoodie.

The bell tolls inside Mark's head and he knows what he has to say in order to cover up Jinyoung's blabber fest about him and Jaebum.

"Don't pay attention to what he says. He is dead drunk. Use your head to figure out how to send him home."