32⇢ first fight (i)

Jaebum leaves Cafe Velvet late at evening and finds Jinyoung on the other side of the street, holding a cardboard box, smiling vibrantly

Jaebum leaves Cafe Velvet late at evening and finds Jinyoung on the other side of the street, holding a cardboard box, smiling vibrantly. They get into the Dodge, Jinyoung looks left and right, scans the surrounding for a possible threat and places a mandatory kiss over his lips. Jaebum drives them out of the locality where people might know them to park near a recreational playground. He has been curiously eyeing the box Jinyoung was carrying. It had some holes punched into it. At last Jaebum is unable to hold himself back from questioning.

"What's in there?"

Jinyoung peeks into a hole and smiles. 

"A gift for you."

Jaebum recalls that his birthday was long gone and he had refused to take any more presents from Jinyoung after his whole ordeal in the hospital and the amount of money his boyfriend had dished out. Instead, they had locked themselves in Jaebum's small yet comfy room only to strip naked and make out. Jaebum couldn't complain because that was his best birthday in a long time.

"I don't need gifts Jinyoungie. I have told you countless times," his unbuckles his seat belt and then caresses Jinyoung's nape. 

He leans into Jaebum's touch, drawing in the warmth. However, the words of Namjoon swivels inside his mind without any pause. And he has no clue how to bring up the topic without offending or questioning Jaebum's feelings for him. It has been more than a week since his chance encounter with Kim Namjoon at the wedding and the unpleasant revelation about  Jaebum. He isn't ready to doubt the boy he loves but he has to know the truth. With sheer determination, Jinyoung thinks of a way to ask Jaebum about his past exploits.

He pries open the lid of the box and the first thing Jaebum hears in a faint purring sound. It doesn't take him long to look into the box only to find a kitten with black and cream fur snoozing at the bottom of it, surrounded by tattered bits of cotton.

"You wanted to raise a cat, didn't you? This is yours," Jinyoung happily hands him over the new pet. He feels like he is about to raise a child together with Jaebum and he had mentally prepared himself to look after the cat if Jaebum was unable to at any point.

A wide smile breaks out on Jaebum's strained face, like the first ray of sunshine. He cradles the small furball into his arms, stroking a thumb behind it's ears as the kitten twists and stretches and melts under the comfort, akin to Jinyoung.

"He is so pretty," Jaebum cuddled the kitten closer to his chest, placing a tiny kiss on top of it's button nose.

"She," Jinyoung corrects.

"Oh, sorry. Isn't she is pretty baby?" 

Jinyoung finds great comfort in watching Jaebum being all happy. He really doesn't see him smile often. But he thanks God for the change he has been able to inflict on this grumpy boy after his arrival. And he was always ready to give Jaebum even before he asks for anything and all Jaebum wanted for himself other than Jinyoung and a secure future, was a cat. Jinyoung could give him that easily.