49⇢first war

The world spins out of proportions and Jinyoung opens his mouth to apologize

The world spins out of proportions and Jinyoung opens his mouth to apologize. It didn't matter how Jaebum came to know about his shameful act or who told him specifically. All Jinyoung cared for was to fix what was broken.

Jaebum's trust in him.

"Give me a chance to expl..."

"Quiet. There is no point of anything anymore. Get out," Jaebum bites back and Jinyoung can see his fists balling up at his side.

Jaebum could do a great many things to him, including punching him for emphasis but Jinyoung wasn't leaving without solving things between them. He had left his home with a set of determinations and there was no question of making an exit without ensuring that he was forgiven.

Will Jaebum forgive me? Jinyoung asks himself for the nth time.

The dark part of his conscience declares that there is no way Jaebum would love him again and yet a splinter of hope remains at the bottom if his heart. Jinyoung reminds himself of all the sweet words they have exchanged, the times they have confessed their love for each other. Was all that for nothing?

Jinyoung tries to lift his torso off the floor and strains his eyes to observe Jaebum standing so far from him as if he is disgusted with Jinyoung's entire existence. It hurts him to measure the physical and emotional distance between them which seems to keep increasing. The atmosphere in the room tightens the knots forming inside his chest and it makes Jinyoung feel like he is about to pass out due to the lack of air.

"Please, Jaebum-ah, just let me...I was drinking and..."

The next time Jinyoung opens his mouth, he regrets it heavily. Never in his eight months of knowing Jaebum had he witnessed this side of him. Jaebum had a temper and Jinyoung was quite aware of that but Jaebum was remarkably good at restraining himself from violent outbursts.

Until now.

As if the whole universe was conspiring to tear them apart and Jinyoung just got to taste a bit of the brutality in the form of blood dripping from his nose and mouth.

Jaebum has flattened him back to the floor, straddling his hips. The patches of blood smudged on Jaebum's knuckles as he takes a moment to decide if he should punch an already disoriented Jinyoung once again or not. Jinyoung doesn't think the physical pain is any greater than the ache inside his heart. Deep down he knows that he deserves this but if it means Jaebum forgiving him, then he is ready to take more hits.

Jaebum is shaking him by his hoodie, too repulsed to have skin on skin contact and the boy underneath him blinks wordlessly to focus on his face.

"You just couldn't go three days without a cock down your throat right? Assuming that you had your fill, why the fuck are you here? To convince me that you love me? To tell me that I don't have anything to worry about while you go around fucking people behind my back?" Jaebum is shouting at that point. The timber in his voice sounding more malicious than desirable. His bloodied fist still hovers above Jinyoung's face.