8⇢first apology

It was Friday

It was Friday.

Fortunately surviving through the most difficult week of his life, Jinyoung spots Jaebum once again. In the same seat, doing the same thing, a pile of books and notes stacked on his desk, refusing to look at Jinyoung. He bit down on his lower lip. He bit down until he could taste fresh blood oozing out of the barely closing wound. Then Jinyoung walked over, pressing a handkerchief to his mouth, dabbing away the copper tinge.

He wasn't controlling his own body anymore, a strange impulsion made him do and say things. Pining for Jaebum, which felt like an eternity, Park Jinyoung's control over his composure started dwindling. The class was about to start in the next minutes but Jinyoung had more important things to deal with. He didn't care anymore. He didn't care about Jaebum judging him. Jinyoung mentally laughed at how he had already made a possible first impression, an impression which repelled Im Jaebum. 

What was left for him to lose?

"Do you have a problem with me?" Jinyoung said, standing firm on his spot, one hand folding the handkerchief and carelessly shoving it into his pocket.

Jaebum's neck craned up, he looked startled at the tone Jinyoung used. A tone, glacial and rigid,

"No," Jaebum replied, a bit too impassively.

"But you act otherwise," Jinyoung conveyed what he felt. There is no way he was going to falter this time. Jaebum has to confront an inkling of what he has caused.

"Excuse me?" Jaebum's lips twitched, eyebrows almost joining due to the deep-set frown. The boy had no clue about the words falling out of Jinyoung's mouth. But Jinyoung could swear that Jaebum's eyes lingered on his lips for a split second, which he realized has started bleeding all over again. Taking out the stained piece of cloth, he pressed it on the right spot.

"We have to talk, Jaebum. Meet me behind the school after class."

It wasn't a request. It was a decision, a decision he took on behalf of Jaebum as well.

Jaebum was perplexed. His mouth fell open and closed slowly, just like the day when Jinyoung had decided to halfway strip off in front of him. Before Jaebum could say another word, the class commenced. Jinyoung stayed in his seat, bleary eyes directed towards the teachers, creating a convincing illusion of paying attention in the class. Seconds bled into minutes and hours. Jinyoung didn't have to look back to monitor Jaebum's excessive shuffling in his seat. He wasn't sure if Jaebum would turn up in the decided location after school, yet Jinyoung hoped for the best.

Or his psyche was going to implode.

-

-

-

The final bell sounded like the finest piece of music. Without bothering to look back at Jaebum, Jinyoung swung his backpack and dashed out of the classroom. Mark opened his mouth to say something but the words never made its way out. Instead, he left for home with his two friends.