74⇢ first departure

The first ray of sunlight brings a knock on the door but Jinyoung is lost peacefully in Jaebum's arms

The first ray of sunlight brings a knock on the door but Jinyoung is lost peacefully in Jaebum's arms. The door clicks open and Jinyoung's fate is sealed. He doesn't do anything, doesn't put much of a protest as Park Jihoon haphazardly drags him down the bed. Their burly guards make an appearance yet again and for no good purpose. As they handle Jaebum who doesn't put up a fight either and allows them to lead him out of the mansion peacefully, occasionally looking behind his back to check if Jinyoung was being harmed or not.

But he sees nothing except his father leading Jinyoung right behind him by his arm as Jinyoung scans the surrounding, still trying to figure out the situation. He comes in term with the reality when his mother shows up, still in her nightgown as well as Jimin skipping down the stairs to check out what's going on.

And Jinyoung finds himself getting shoved out of the front door in an ugly fashion and he bumps straight into Jaebum's chest as he catches his weight effortlessly.

Park Jihoon is rubbing at his temple and Jinyoung finds his mother teary eyes whispering something behind his father's back saying something along the line of please and don't do this.

"Enough. Stop crying," Jihoon scolds his wife. It bats off the remainder of sleep lingering in Jinyoung's eyes as he stands in his pajamas and tank top, standing side by side to his boyfriend who is equally stunned.

But he should have seen it coming.

"I knew it. I knew you were hopeless and even though I was reluctant to believe your words when you said you'll break off with this boy, I still decided to give you one last chance. But as I have witnessed, I can't put my trust into you ever. My own son, is out here doing everything he can to destroy everything I've built? Right under my roof? Shame on you. If that's what you intend to do for the rest of your life, you can do it by severing ties with this family. From this day onward, don't think about calling yourself a Park. Get out now."

After a mile long monologue of Park Jihoon, Jinyoung and others come to a conclusion that he has been disowned, verbally atleast. Doesn't matter because it won't take time for his father to get the papers ready and make it official anyway.

Jinyoung stands there, beside another boy who has been disowned as well by his father, albeit under a different circumstance but Jinyoung finally finds the courage in the time of darkness. It's all over. He doesn't have a family, a name or anything truly to call his own except Jaebum. On the bright side of it all, Jinyoung is free.

He reaches out and threads his fingers with Jaebum's. Jinyoung becomes the one to start pulling Jaebum away with him out of the porch wordlessly, still maintaining a challenging eye contact with his father.

"What are you doing? He is our son, our blood. You cannot just disown him like that. Where will he go? He is just a kid," Jinyoung's mother starts bawling her eyes out, trying her best to convince her husband to take their son back and forgive him.