81⇢first confrontation (ii)

"You are sick, Jennie. You are sick."

Jaebum was chanting it within his head without a pause but he speaks out finally. Jennie seems unfazed by it as usual. She was the reigning champion of this sport after all. Jennie had never learnt how to lose in the game of bullshit. Deep down, she might have known that Jaebum was out of her reach but she refused to yield. Watching Jaebum falling in love with a boy instead of her was completely unacceptable for Jennie.

And now Jaebum knows that.

She lets out an irritating little giggle, crossing her arms over her chest again.

"You wish Jaebum, you wish. But the thing is I really couldn't forgive you for rejecting me like that, complaining Namjoon about me and what not. And that poor little best friend of yours, he got hurt in the middle of it all for no reason."

Jaebum loses it. It's not only about Jinyoung anymore. Jennie ruined Namjoon and Namjoon was his only shoulder to cry on when Jaebum was a socially awkward preteen. And Jennie effectively broke that shoulder as well.  Mark makes a wise move by taking the opportunity of Jennie's distraction and he closes the front door briefly to drown out their voices from the guard outside. Because at that point, Jaebum was plain shouting at her and his voice was booming inside the foyer.

"Shut up. I knew Namjoon better and he was really in love with you Jennie. You dragged in and destroyed every individual who were a part of my support system. But wow, you played us all for shits and giggles. And you are still playing Namjoon. I refuse to believe that you are sane. You seriously need help Jennie, you really do.."

The tension in the room was rising by the minute and Mark was standing idle, watching the verbal conflict rising in intensity. His hands were tied because he didn't know the complete history. So he kept doing his job, silently but surely.

"Oh please. I am not dating Namjoon anymore. The whole long distance relationships never worked for me. Plus he was way too interrogative for his own good. Had to drop Namjoon in exchange of someone I can use to lure Jinyoungie so he can try sucking his cock."