7⇢first fantasy

No Jaebum.

Jinyoung scanned the entire classroom over and over again. There was no sign of Im Jaebum. For that absent person, Jinyoung had dressed immaculately, looking like a proper heir of the business empire he was. He brushed back the stray pieces of hair off his forehead, got his uniform ironed to a crisp and also sprayed some of that imported fragrance.

He did all of that for nothing.

Walking confidently inside the classroom only to find the desk behind him unoccupied, caused Jinyoung to ball up his fist and bring it down the fiberglass door. Few boys looked up at him with uninterested eyes, murmured something among themselves and went back to mind their own business. Jinyoung's knuckles were bruised but not as much as his lips which looked bee-stung. He walked over to his usual seat and settled down, turned around to give a bleak stare at the vacant space and prepared himself to sit through an hour of Mr. Cha's classes.

All his attempts and plans to man up in front of Jaebum started looking futile, even more childish. Jaebum was missing, again. Jinyoung's mind started playing tricks on him. He felt a haunting presence everywhere, silently blistering him inside out, yet he couldn't see that person.

Mr. Cha left, more teachers arrived, like a blur. Jinyoung drummed his fingers impatiently on the desk, charting an escape route out of this monotony. But he came up with nothing. Jooheon continued with tales of all the beautiful actresses he wished to date, Mark enthusiastically engrossed in any gossip at hand and Kihyun nodding and squinting at his friends from time to time.

Jinyoung was done for the day. He had never felt an urge to go back home so bad, lock himself in his room and shut out the entire world.

He has officially failed to connect with Jaebum in every possible way.

Did Jaebum think he was being a creep? Was Jaebum willingly avoiding him?

The couple of times he had spotted Jaebum responding to other boys in the class, he could tell that those boys got better treatment than Jinyoung did. Jaebum talked less but his tone wasn't unpleasant or restrained. Jinyoung wasn't stupid enough to not take the hint. That black haired boy was avoiding him for some reasons.

And he had to get to the bottom of it all.

-

-

-

Jinyoung couldn't sleep. How could he? Sleep deprivation was a part of his tormenting schedule. Why is Jaebum like this? He questioned himself, silently staring at the ceiling of his room. The fluffy bed under his back seemed uncomfortable. He tried changing positions but his eyes just won't stay shut. So he gave up on sleep for that night. Downing a couple of pills from his father's medicine cabinet was a valid option but Jinyoung's body refused to comply with his willpower. He remained plastered to his bed.