79⇢ first interrogation

Everything was going according to the plan and Jaebum was confident that this time, there was no defeat waiting for him. Mark moved as per instructions and Taehyung was left out of this whole secret mission of the duo even though he was supremely enthusiastic to be a part of it.

Jaebum remained in his truck parked at a safe distance from the same party site where he had picked up Jinyoung in his truck once. It was a secluded location perfect for delinquents and stoners alike who wished to get wasted without getting into a trouble with parents or cops.

One party or the other was always on full swing at that location. Mark has one of his earbuds plugged in, pretending to act look and listening to music as he stepped into the rave which he wasn't invited to. But then again, half of the crowd wasn't invited to such parties anyway. People just show up.

But Mark wasn't listening to music. He was keeping in touch with Jaebum throughout the way. It was a risky thing to do anyway and Jaebum's heart thumped wildly against his ribcage as he waited for Mark to give the much awaited signal. Even though Mark had the major responsibility in this mission, Jaebum was the one slipping to the brink of having a heart attack due to anticipation.

"Mark, where are you now?" he talks into his phone and Mark responds a moment later.

Mark's voice isn't clear at all. The expected loud music distorts his voice and Jaebum tries his best to pay attention.

"I am in Jaebum. Just trying to locate our target and chat up."

Jaebum breathes out in relief.

Things were proceeding well enough.

Jaebum drummed his fingers on the steering and thought about how he had falsely suspected Namjoon whereas the real enemy was right in their school. If only Jaebum's memory wasn't clouded up by the turn of shitty events one after another.

Then he would have remembered that Kim Myungsoo was Jennie's cousin. Also that Kim Myungsoo was Jennie's unofficial henchman slash mole for doing her share of dirty business since middle school days. And on top of all that, it was Jennie who was seeking revenge and not Namjoon.

But Jaebum couldn't figure out how she came to know about Jinyoung and his relationship and how she got hold of the diary. The dark hours of the night while waiting for Mark, brings Jaebum all the answers he needed.

He recollects that one time when Jennie had showed up while he was working as a barista. Jennie could have easily snooped around his truck to get hold of the diary and plot her sadistic plan.

Jaebum punches the steering hard. He wishes to turn back the time so bad but what's done is done. All he can do now is fix what's broken, atleast as much as he can.

Jaebum seriously wants to beat up anyone who has hurt Jinyoung and it would have been easier if it was Namjoon instead of Jennie. He can't simply punch her black and blue for ruining his boyfriend's life. But atleast he hopes to pull an apology out of her but knowing that it was Jennie out of all the people, getting an apology out of her mouth will be a challenge.