42⇢first change

Jimin is pinned under a death glare throughout the terrible cab ride to the hospital

Jimin is pinned under a death glare throughout the terrible cab ride to the hospital. He fidgets with the buckles of his seat belt, trying his best to survive with Jinyoung by his side. The first few minutes into Jaebum's house, although as normal as it could have been. quickly escalates to something he wasn't expecting to see when he went to find his hyung. 

Jimin was minding his own business in his bedroom and that's when he heard their mother's frantic cry. He skipped downstairs only to discover his father in a critical state. The ambulance arrives and carries away Park Jihoon but the million dollar question of the hour turns out to be the uncertain whereabouts of Park Jinyoung. Jimin does what he is capable of. Dialing up his best friend Taehyung to procure the address of Im Jaebum was the best gamble of his life. In the back of his mind, the sixteen-year-old boy was assured that his hyung might be with that one boy who visited their home once. There is no rational explanation behind it but Jimin gets the address by the end of twenty minutes and Taehyung, once again, proves himself to be more resourceful than Google.

Compared to his calm and visibly not so upset yet terribly annoyed, Jimin is barely piecing back his head together. Right before slipping into his clothes in order to leave with Jimin, he had placed a less than platonic kiss on Jaebum's lips, leaving Jimin more confused than ever. But putting that confusion lower on the shelf, Jimin knows that Im Jaebum isn't just a casual friend of his hyung's. He of course, dares not to question it.

"Who gave you Jaebum's address?" Jinyoung speaks through gritted teeth, still maintaining his glare on Jimin.

"Tae...Taehyung," Jimin's voice is practically inaudible.

"Who?" Jinyoung barks.

"Taehyung did."

Jinyoung falls into a terrible silence as if he was literally hatching a foolproof plot to find his best friend and strangle him to death. Jimin tries to act like the sudden revelation about his hyung doesn't affect him but his carefully placed facade of blasé disinterest fractures to let the panic slip out.

"Jaebum hyung is your boyfriend?" he ends up blurting out, fully expecting to get thrown out of the moving cab.

"Do you have a problem with that?" Jinyoung bites back.

"N...no. No problem."

Jimin isn't allowed to have a problem, especially regarding his hyung's life. As conservative and reclusive Jinyoung has always been, Jimin didn't even care for something scandalous to happen. His main concern being, what would their father say once he discovers one of his son's involvement in a relationship with another boy. Jimin remains tight-lipped until Jinyoung's speaks to him again.

"Not a word to appa about this, understand? I swear if you say a single shit about what you saw..." Jinyoung's voice is a little too loud and he forces himself to lower it when the cab driver looks over with raised eyebrows.