17⇢first talk

"Whoa, what happened to your face?" Jooheon's mouth falls open, eyes unblinking at the bluish hues over Jinyoung's cheekbone.

"I fell."

In love, he adds in silence.

"You seem to fall an awful amount of time, that too on your face," Kihyun quips, craning his swan-neck forward.

"Do you have a problem with that?" Jinyoung almost snaps at him. He hates Kihyun for the way he speaks, the way he always shows interest in reading between the lines and certainly the way he squints. With some right training, this guy could easily score a job as an Interpol agent in the future.

Mark steps in, hoisting up one palm in front of each.

"Come on guys, chill. I am sure Jinyoung is pissed at people asking him the same question all the time. Can we not follow suit? Let's talk about something else."

Jooheon seems to be extremely impressed with Mark's suggestion. He opens his bag of gossip and soon they are all focused on an actor's high profile divorce instead of Jinyoung beat up face. However, Jinyoung notices the sudden change in Kihyun's expression as the boy gets up from his desk, to look away from Jinyoung in a rather displeasing manner.

Park Jinyoung doesn't care about people's opinion anymore, he never did actually and being in love with Jaebum had tipped his impulsive scale a bit higher. He is back on the cemented bench at the edge of the playground, holding a lunch box and eating properly for the first time in months. He waits for Jaebum to find him, he knows Jaebum will find him.

"Jinyoung."

He loves that voice, he loves it when that voice is used to pronounce his name. It compares to molten heat coursing through his ear canal to lodge itself in his brain. Jaebum has been sitting behind him throughout the first half of the day, like usual. Not a soul could suspect anything that went down between them, the gargantuan wave of complications that broke over their fragile mind and bodies. Jaebum gestures him to scoot away a little so he can sit alongside.

"Want some?" Jinyoung offers a sandwich, with a livid smile free of cost.

"No thanks. I just ate."

Jinyoung shrugs and bites into his sandwich, closing the lunch box and setting it down. He licks at the bread crumbs sticking to his lips and Jaebum steals a glance, feeling self-conscious and for some dumb reason, only his sudden outburst of desire could explain.

"We need to talk about yesterday," Jaebum speaks, painfully soft.

Sitting in such close proximity, it was an alarming experience, a new form of intimacy, just as it was completely comprehensible for Jaebum to hold his breath when Jinyoung parted his tinted red lips to speak up and he could feel the ghost of them brushing against his erection. Jaebum's eyes travel up to the marks on Jinyoung's princely face and a tidal wave of guilt washes over when he recalls how he was border -lining on killing him.