69⇢first relapse

For a moment, Jaebum can't believe their luck. He didn't think of Park Jihoon retaliating after Jaebum stepped up to defend Jinyoung. A full blown attack was expected but that didn't happen.

A stunned and shaken father backs away after Jimin and Mark defrost together to run at opposite directions. Mark rushes to Jinyoung's aid and helps Jaebum to pick him up from the floor as Jimin analyzes the situation before fetching his father his walking stick. Jihoon was definitely not looking any better than Jinyoung himself. They were both breathing heavily, fully drenched in sweat and for a few second the sound of labored breathing was too loud in the deathly silence of the Park Mansion.

Jimin has tried to understand and learn things from his father in the past because he is second in line to the company's throne but his father's violent outburst shocks him nonetheless. Slowly and steadily, in due course of time, Jimin figures out the reason behind the absence of his mother's opinion in the household and why he reacted negatively upon finding out about Jinyoung's sexuality.

So despite of being afraid of his father, Jimin stands close to his side just in case he gets triggered all over again and throws his walking stick like a javelin at someone. At least Jimin will be able to do something to prevent it. Maybe he will copy Jaebum hyung and snatch his the goddamn stick away again.

"Jinyoungie? Talk to me please," Jaebum's voice is shaking. He wants to cry but he knows it's the wrong time to show his weakness.

After a time out, Jihoon catches his breath to bark once again, eyeing Jinyoung with his lover with scorn and disgust.

"You.... Get out of here, right now. Security! Throw out this rat."

The yelling is fruitful as security shows up at his command and Jaebum is separated from Jinyoung in a flash. It is only then Jinyoung looks up, tear in his eyes, blood smudging his lips and crouching on the floor helplessly as the pain shoots up from his gut again. He just can't stand up and fight the hefty guards to free Jaebum out of their clutches.

But they've already started dragging Jaebum away like once Jaebum had did to him after the whole episode of misunderstanding. Jinyoung knows how it feels like to get treated like trash and he doesn't want Jaebum to feel the same.