66⇢first return (ii)

The shuffling sound creeps closer and closer

The shuffling sound creeps closer and closer. In the deathly silence, both Jinyoung and Jaebum can hear the rapid breathing of a third person or maybe more. they can't think about anything other than the aftermath of getting discovered in the position they were in. 

The paradise was lost.The door slams open. Jinyoung tightens his hold around Jaebum and shuts his eyes in fright. 

What will happen next? Will he get forcefully yanked away from his boyfriend? Will the cops beat Jaebum up? Will they ever see each other again?

It seems like there is a concentrated ring of light falling on the wall behind Jaebum's back. Jinyoung sees it. Clawing at the exposed flesh of Jaebum's back frantically, Jinyoung loses his wit. He has never been this afraid of anyone in his whole life. But he knows his father and what he is capable of so it took Jinyoung all the power of the universe to not burst into ugly tears.

"I think I am destined to discover you two in compromising positions for the rest of my life." 

Someone speaks, voice laced with dullness.

Jinyoung identifies the voice and Jaebum blinks repeatedly to identify the familiar face of Mark Tuan.

"M...Mark," Jaebum stutters.

"Yes, it's me. No, you are not hallucinating. I'll wait outside while you two get dressed," Mark switches off the flash light from his smart phone and gives them some space.

Jinyoung picks up his face from the crook of Jaebum's neck slowly and they exchange confused looks. 

How in the world did Mark Tuan find them when the cops couldn't?

"That was Mark right?" Jinyoung asks, shaky hands buttoning up one of the baggy pants he had borrowed from Jaebum.

"Yes, except he is brunette."

"How did he...?" Jinyoung spoke while sliding into the white sweater which also belonged to Jaebum and it was too unsuitable for the humid weather outside. But they didn't have time to do a wardrobe check.

"Let's ask him straight away," Jaebum gets dressed and rushes outside leaving Jinyoung behind.

Jinyoung can sense that Jaebum is being extra careful. Even if it's Mark Tuan, their humble classmate from JYP, Jaebum doesn't have an ounce of trust left to spare. It's understandable regarding the shit storm they had to go through a while back.

I'll rather be a paranoid loser minus friends than risk trusting people anymore, Jaebum had said to him once.

Finger combing his hair and wiping his face clean as much as he can, Jinyoung follows his boyfriend outside where the two boys have already started a conversation without him.

Jinyoung hears Mark explaining something to Jaebum, hand flying everywhere.

"...so I was laughing at how I had put my trust on that kid only to be fooled but then I saw your truck parked in here and I went like- No fucking way! I mean you two were hiding here all along? How? I mean this is a fucking ghost town."