80⇢ first confrontation (i)

"Where are you going this late?" Jinyoung asks, with food in his mouth and an unfinished bowl of kimchi jjigae in front of him as he finds Jaebum discreetly trying to put on his shoes and slip out of the door.

Jaebum saw it coming anyway. Hiding anything from Jinyoung is practically impossible so he just puts his socks on and turns towards his boyfriend with a smile which he hopes is convincing enough.

"Just gotta take care of some work. I'll be back before midnight."

Jaebum speaks but he knows that it's not enough and there is a frown of doubt building on Jinyoung's temple.

"You are not going to your construction job at this hour right? So what's up?" Jinyoung drops his chopsticks into the bowl and pushes the food away, staring intently at Jaebum from the dining seat.

Jaebum sighs. He moves back inside and approaches Jinyoung before kneeling down in front of him and kissing his exposed thighs in the shorts he was wearing. Jaebum notices that Jinyoung had one of the oversize tshirts on as well which makes him look warm and snuggly and it lures Jaebum to stay.

But he can't.

He looks up at his boyfriend's face which is still searching for answers.

"Jinyoungie do you trust me?"

Jinyoung nods positively.

"Then let's just say I am going out for the most important job that I've ever had in my life and wish me luck so I can succeed at it," Jaebum uses his thumb to stroke Jinyoung's cheeks slightly as he gets back on his feet.

"So you can't tell me where you are going? Like not even a hint?" Jinyoung's neck bows down as his fingers play with the spot on his thigh where Jaebum had kissed.

"I wish I could but how about I give you a surprise when I get back and trust me, this will be the best gift you've ever had," Jaebum smiles wide as he pushes the bowl of unfinished dinner back at Jinyoung. "And yeah, finish eating."

Ajumma was already asleep and Jinyoung had filled up his first application for a job at a fast food joint and he was double checking everything to make sure that it's neat and impressive. Jaebum had taken that opportunity to text Mark that he will be on his way within half an hour and they will meet at their designated rendezvous point to carry on with their Mission: Confront Jennie.

And then Jinyoung stores Jaebum's share of dinner in the refrigerator as he appears to be in a hurry of going somewhere without his knowledge. He believes that Jaebum won't do anything to hurt him but he was worried if Jaebum will do something to hurt himself or not. So he ate his dinner unwillingly and scanned Jaebum from the corner of his eyes, studying his body language and movements.

"I don't feel like eating alone. Couldn't you atleast have your dinner before leaving?"

"I am sorry Jinyoungie. I am really sorry I have to leave like this but please finish your food atleast. I promise I'll be back soon."