5⇢first meal

It has been five days since that dreadful party. Jinyoung was in a bitter mood at the sudden absence of Jaebum. Rationally, he had no reason to feel such way. Putting his body on autopilot, he went through with dull classes and Mark's endless attempts to cheer him up. Jimin, on the other hand, was thanking his luck for not drawing a reaction out of his brother when he returned the Ducati with loads of scratches and dirt patches. At school, neither of the three boys could figure out the cause of Jinyoung's melancholy.

"I know Jinyoung. You are pissed at me right?" Mark propped himself up on Jinyoung's desk. 

Jinyoung didn't readily answer him and looked down instead. What was he supposed to say? That he felt this agonizing twitch inside his chest which refused to leave because he was deprived of Jaebum's presence?

"I am not pissed at you Mark," Jinyoung said, all the while fidgeting with the edge of his English textbook.

"So what is it Jinyoungie? Did something happen at your home? Parents giving you a hard time?" Kihyun squeaked from behind Jooheon, who towered over all of them.

"No, it's nothing. Don't worry. I'll be alright," Jinyoung spat out the basic lie.

"Once again brother, I am extremely sorry. I didn't know that someone would bring shitty booze into the party and it will get out of hand so bad. Hey, how did you get back home at night tho?" Mark was almost done with his daily apology routine when he had to ask Jinyoung that one question he wanted to avoid.

"I walked."

"Bullshit," Jooheon yapped, hands flying in the air, dismissing Jinyoung's words in one go.

"Yeah and it's impossible to find a cab or something at that hour," Kihyun was steadily filling up the plot holes in Jinyoung's stupid claim.

Except Mark was silent and it was very unlike the usual Mark he knew. The blonde boy observed Jinyoung with a dubious concern. Jinyoung looked away out of the window, afraid of Mark just in case he could peer into the eye socket and squeeze the truth out of his head.

Even Jinyoung didn't know why he couldn't simply say the truth. 

He had purposefully skipped the whole episode with Jaebum. For some reasons, he wanted to keep it secret. An experience he didn't feel like sharing with anyone except his diary. No wonder Mark would have made a classic joke out of it or in worst case scenario, he would have said something to tease Jinyoung. So he tried his best to dodge these questions. Lying was a suitable escape route but Jinyoung wasn't in the right state to mind to cook up a false story. Moreover, he hated this feeling as well as enjoyed it too and ended up hating this whole mess inside his head all over again. Each day his anxiety level jumped a notch higher and by the time he returned home, feeling disoriented. Then he would dive into his bed and try his best to sleep. 

Sleep was the only way he could block out his emotional imbalance and Jaebum. But he wasn't that lucky either. Resorting to his father's sleeping pills in secrecy, Jinyoung was finally able to sleep for two nights.