39⇢first equilibrium (i)

"Guys, I am going back to America."

Jooheon is the first to let out a dramatic shriek, pressing his hands on either side of this head, possibly trying to prevent it from exploding at Mark's sudden announcement.

"What? Like forever?" Kihyun barges in Mark's personal space, almost toppling over the blonde boy.

"Jesus, not forever. I mean, for a while. After graduation, I'll take a month off perhaps," Mark stuffs his stationary back into the school bag and zips it up, sounding deflated.

"But...but..." Jooheon doesn't get to finish his sentence before Kihyun simplifies what Mark meant.

"If I am not wrong, Mark is going there for Nina."

Mark turns his head around briefly, finding Jinyoung getting up from his seat, preparing to leave the school premises with Jaebum following behind him.

"Yeah, someone advised me to fight for love."

Jinyoung picks it up right on time as he passes by Mark's desk, he smiles briefly, pats lightly on the blonde's shoulder and exits the classroom.

Fighting for love is harder than fighting for anything else.

Kihyun and Jooheon look more confused than ever.

-

-

-

Jinyoung makes his way to the sedan, watching Jimin and his buddy Taehyung already fighting over rock, paper, scissors match and he has no interest to spoil their so-called fun. But refusing his ride back home was unavoidable after his deal with Jihoon, unless a meteor crashes over his head.

"Want to visit the new house?"

Jaebum was practically running after him and only then Jinyoung realizes that he was walking way too fast, a foreign feeling dicing his guts, making him want to retreat into the confinements of his bedroom. He stops on his tracks when Jaebum calls out, just like Jinyoung always does but he doesn't answer.

"Jinyoung? Do you want to visit the new house with me today?" Jaebum offers again, this time his voice laced with something unassertive.

Jinyoung gives it a thought, pursing his lips, letting his eyes wander everywhere but at Jaebum's face.

"I think I'll pass. Maybe next time."

As far as Jinyoung can tell, Jaebum wasn't prepared for his answer and he is surprised to see Jaebum making another attempt. Jinyoung thought he was doing his best to do anything he can in order to make his only true relationship a success but he also knew that Jaebum was a different specimen altogether. A specimen which required customized treatment and handling. Hoards of student passed by them, the two boys are forced to move along out of the compound as well.